Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change primary number on multiple mobile account

Phil71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have two pay monthly mobiles on the same account. One is my son's and the other is mine. 

I took out my son's account first, then mine some months later.

As his number was the first one on the account, he gets all of the billing texts etc. I have called Vodafone Customer Services to ask if my nuber can be made the primary number for getting all of these texts etc. - as I am the adult, the account holder and the bill payer. They have told me it is impssible to do that, as the system won't allow it. Apparently the first number taken out on the account must always be the primary one.

This seems to be an incredibly inflexible system. Does anyone else have the same experience? Just wondering if I'm being fobbed off.

Phil

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Phil71

Quite sure the only way Vodafone will be able to change the primary number will be by cancelling your Son's contract when it reaches the end of the minimum term by putting his number on payg as a temporary measure before taking out a new agreement.

As his number would have been the primary number it would knock out your number from the online account and you would then need to set up a new online account for your number, this would then make your number the primary number. The new online account would need fresh information from the original account. 

However,  give the forum Team time to get to the thread, they will be in a better position to give a definite answer to your question. 

Hi Ann,

Thanks

Wow! What a palaver!

Hopefully there's a simpler soluition.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Phil71 There's a different way we could look at doing this for you, we'd just need to access your account and check if it'll let us! 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team 🙂

Hi please assist me also. I have the same problem. My sons phone contract has ended years ago and it still shows as the primary number you cannot delete or change the primary number on the app. 2 other contracts have also gone on prepaid and the app just does not alow me to delete it. I have sent a sms "unlink (with the 2 numbers) to 31050 but nothing. Thank you 

Hi @Johan2, this is something that our teams on the social media channels can help with. If you follow this new link here, it will take you to our contact us page. When you send us a private message on Twitter or Facebook, if you're prompted just select 'Get Started' followed by 'Asked to DM'.