Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone didn't cancel my pre-order

Christopherjz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I pre-ordered the S21 ultra a couple of weeks ago. 

The next day I decided I'd prefer a different model, so I contacted Vodafone. They told me they had cancelled my initial order and placed a new one for the model I wanted. About a week passed and I checked my order status. Two active orders were there. I called Vodafone again and told them they should have cancelled one of the orders. They told me they could see the cancellation request but it hadn't been actioned so they went ahead and did it again. They said it can take up to3 days. 

Today I got an email saying my phone has been dispatched. Odd because I wasn't expecting it till the 29th. Looked on my orders and they have sent out the phone I cancelled and I still have an outstanding pre-order for the one I actually want. Furthermore the account has been set up in my Vodafone.

How can I fix this?  

13 REPLIES 13

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us here @Christopherjz. It's a shame to see you had this experience with us when querying your trade in discount and arranging the return of your phone. This shouldn't have been the case and I'm sorry this has since caused you to leave us. 

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please let us know here on the Community or when messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. We're the same team on both channels and are available 24/7 to help with any questions you may have in the future.

Sorry it was so bad for you. It's still bad for me. My early upgrade fee is definitely all wrong (in their favour of course). Funny enough, that's the 3rd time I've had an early upgrade and each and every time the amount charged was wrong in their favour! I wonder if they're not just thieves hoping that people won't bother checking their bill. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @prodigualson - I'm disappointed to hear you feel this way, especially when you're upgrading and it should be exciting!

I would advise speaking with our upgrades team on 191 or webchat to discuss the early upgrade fee as they'll be able to tell you the correct amount and the best deals available to you 😊

Hi again @Christopherjz 

Hopefully Vodafone's Systems will sort themselves out and your account returned back to how it was. All the agent can advise on is what they see i.e a phone despatched.

Hang in there.

As for Calling Over Wi-Fi please take a look in your myvodafone to see if you can turn it on in there.

Some further information is …

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.
"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.