Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone keep billing me for years after my contract has been cancelled

Pcollas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

4 years ago I cancelled my Vodafone contract over the phone and switched my mobile number to a different provider. This was not an early cancellation. Now I have discovered that Vodafone have continued to bill me every month for a service that I was not receiving and that they had assured me was cancelled. This was very alarming. Over 6 months ago we cancelled the direct debit via the bank as Vodafone had failed to do this themselves (which was absolutely shocking). We then received a debt recovery letter and then another debt recovery letter with a higher amount owed without any explanation. We then phoned Vodafone again and was assured that the account was cleared and no money was owed on our part (however Vodafone has been charging us monthly for a bill of around £20 for 4 years after they should have been). After this we then received a letter stating that a higher debt again was owed and that Vodafone had passed this on to the Debt Collection Agency. I am writing on here as clearly talking to Vodafone over the phone is useless and the online chat Robot was no help at all. This has been an incredibly upsetting and frustrating experience for us. I would appreciate any help on this matter and any advice about receiving a refund.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I appreciate how upsetting and frustrating this must be for you.

You've come to the right place for advice and support.

I've come across posts before where a person has noticed they've been billed for a service they believe has been cancelled so no longer look for it in their bank statements.

May I ask did you ask Vodafone for a Pac and then gave that your your new Network within 30 days of being given the Pac for the alternative network to use,  which then automatically cancels your Vodafone contract, and moves your Vodafone number to the new Network ? 

If so and your Vodafone number moved across successfully to your new Network then this should have automatically ended the Vodafone contract.

I would urge you to please contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll investigate this for you.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

If Vodafone have somehow made an error then they'll be duty bound to return any monies taken , cancel recovery action and ensure no default or markers are left on your Credit File @Pcollas 

Check your Credit File via Experian or one of the other options just to make sure.

Did you also get a £0 bill and a sorry your leaving letter which confirms the Vodafone account was closed  ?

Your Banks Customer Services maybe able to return funds taken under the Direct Debit Guarantee.

A person can raise a complaint to Vodafone via Here. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Pcollas 

You certainly should never have let this to continue for 4 years, you also mention we and us.   If this means there was more than one number on the account you would have needed a separate PAC for both numbers and moved both numbers to an alternative network or the other number would have continued to roll over until cancelled.  Vodafone would have also continued to send monthly billing text remainders, plus the fact you would have noticed the direct debit being paid on a monthly basis.

The Social Team should be able to locate the account and find out exactly what has happened.  Alternatively, follow this link and someone from the Team will be able to take ownership: Complaints