Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone together, no eSIMs delivered.

Pipefish
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've just signed up for two 25GB SIMs and 910meg home broadband. 

I was under the impression that I would receive my two eSIMs straight away, but I've had nothing. 

The order seems to have gone through, the broadband router is pending dispatch and I've even received texts from BT Broadband to say another company is taking over my broadband on the 7th of May. But no eSIMs.

Is this normal? Live chat said I should receive them immediately and I would get them in my email inbox within 24 - 48 hours (this time has now passed).

But the people on Twitter/X said that I wouldn't receive them until my broadband is activated. Who is correct? Has something gone wrong here? I don't see why it would have to wait until the broadband is activated.

In the welcome emails it did say that I'd receive my eSIMs shortly. Two weeks isn't shortly though, so this would suggest that I should have them by now.

I cannot log into my online account either, even though the welcome emails said I should be able to and invited me to login and change my password from the temporary password.

Can anyone help with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just checked with the Social Media Team and confirmed that they have accessed the account and run all of the necessary checks. The information that you have been given on social media is correct. I am sorry for all of the back and forth as it's not a great experience and I have fed this all back. 

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Effie

Hey @Pipefish I hope you're doing well! You won't be able to log into your My Vodafone Online Account until your services are active, so as broadband takes a little while to get set up, getting logged in takes longer than if you just order a phone or SIM Only plan. In regards to the SIM plans, we will need to look into those to see what state the order is in. If it is complete, we can help you get set up with the eSIMs. As we have no account access on the Forum, we would need you to either pop back over to us on social media, or drop the LiveChat team another message. 

So is it correct that the eSIMs will only be emailed when the order is complete? As in, the broadband is activated?

It was all ordered at the same time, in one basket, from the website.

Even if they were ordered at the same time on the website, they will try and process as separate orders on our side @Pipefish due to them being different service types. We need to take a look at the account and make sure the orders for the eSIMs have completed. If they have, we can then help you get those set up. 

This is what I initially thought. So how do I get live chat/phone operators/people with access to my account to understand what I'm actually talking about? It feels like I'm speaking a different language.

If you pop back through to the Social Team, advise them that you need your eSIM orders checking to make sure they are complete, and if so, you need help getting them set up. You can even link them to this thread and ask them to read this so they know exactly what needs checking 🙂

So, I've been back to the social media people and they're saying again that the eSIMs won't be sent until the broadband activates. 

Who is correct? If they are correct then it's fine. But if not I don't want to be left with a load of hassle.

I've just checked with the Social Media Team and confirmed that they have accessed the account and run all of the necessary checks. The information that you have been given on social media is correct. I am sorry for all of the back and forth as it's not a great experience and I have fed this all back. 

I've had a similar issue, set up an account for an esim and swapping number from giffgaff, I can't login to my account but had email saying I would receive instructions on esim shortly and it's not happened please advise