Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Spamming me with You've swapped your sim message

lukeyyy07
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am trying on here as I've twice been in contact with Vodafone customer services who both times confirmed I wouldn't receive anymore of these messages but I'm still being spammed.

The message is as followed ...

It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you’ll need to update your settings. We’ll send you these by text shortly.

I then receive a configuration message straight after. I have literally received around 100 of these messages in the last two days alone. My phone is constantly receiving these during the day which as you can imagine is extremely frustrating.

I only just recently joined Vodafone and honestly and starting to regret this now as I feel messed about my customer services who both said they disabled this message and I wouldn't receive anymore.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8+.

I hope Someone can help as writing this message I have just received another 3 messages.

Many thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

60 REPLIES 60

felicityhm

I'm having the same thing. I got a Galaxy S8 about a week ago and in the last few days I've been getting these messages continuously. It generally starts when the phone connects to my car. I wasn't sure if it was a Galaxy S8 issue or a vodafone issue.

Just found this forum post - seems to be a vodafone thing then. Supposedly vodafone can block you from receiving the messages - but I think that would be an issue after an update as that's when you normally get one and need to install the configuration.  So not really sure what the solution is!

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-official-samsung-galaxy-s8-thread.18750949/page-139

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lukeyyy07 and @felicityhm

We'll need to access both your accounts to look into this for you. I've sent both of you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

I am having the same issue. So annoying. Vodafone store at Threadneedle Street had no clue and suggested a hard reset. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pranayambwani As we'll need to access your account to look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Hi, I am also having the same issue, its really frustrating! 

Hi @Alex I am having the same problem with my S8. I have received more than 100 message similar than above in a few hours... I have to leave my phone in silent mode... This is not sustainable.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@clarey23 @remivango Hi, I've sent you a private message so we can help with this. A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Hi Natasha, I'm having the same issue with my S8 too