Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Short code text issues

Reeds
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For months I have not been able to send short code text messages, I have been on the phone with vodaphone for days on end, testing, switching on off, reseting apn, checking settings, checking bars, checking amount spend limit with zero success, in the end I gave up, so today I wanted to enter a radio contest and thought I would try again, as usual phone pops up message unable to send ??

So tonight I yet again try and find a solution and found the vodaphone forums with many posts showing similar issues and most say contact twitter voda support, so I did

The upshot, I have a basic sim according to the online support and basic does not allow short code texts

What troubles me, the online help sent a list of things I cannot do but if I upgrade to another sim Inc basic I can send short code texts ?? So why if I purchase another basic sim will I be able to text when this sim appears unable too

So frustrating trying to resolve this

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I would suggest to call customer services on 191 or Live Chat if online help have given conflicting advice @Reeds 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply but I have wasted too much time on the phone trying to find a solution with Vodafone, choice is good for sim only so I will just move to another network.

It's not like I haven't been patient or not given them chance to successfully resolve the issue

For anyone else reading this, give up and move

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I can't send messages to short codes if I use the Google Messages app. If I switch to the Samsung messages app, they send fine. I can't see anything in Google Messages to restrict it, but it suggests it's not a Vodafone issue for me.