Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website still not working for upgrade

jamie1981uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When are Vodafone going to accept that their website to upgrade your mobile phone does not work? Several times I have gone through the process of choosing a mobile and data only to find the page crashes everytime I go to the checkout. This is something that's gone on for years. Before anyone says check this and that and clear this and that, I have used my mobile phone with 2 different browsers (cleared), my pc (cleared) and ipad. It's amusing that a number comes up to call because no doubt they will try and do it there and then which misses the point of me doing it on my own. 

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jamie1981uk 

If you  are wanting to upgrade it has to be done  through your online account or application.  If you are going through the website the system may be picking up you are an existing customer.

Certainly by calling you may be able to get a good deal.

What? 

Let's just go through some things that are wrong with your reply.

"If you  are wanting to upgrade it has to be done  through your online account or application". 

You do realise when you go onto the website and click pay monthly it asks you to sign in? You also understand that it asks you if you are upgrading?

"If you are going through the website the system may be picking up you are an existing customer". 

This is pretty obvious considering, They ask you to sign in when you click on it which means, you have to use your account hence why they send you a code to your mobile when they ask for your number. 

How are you supposed to upgrade without an account when you clearly already have an account because you are a Vodafone customer with a pay monthly mobile? 😂 

BandOfBrothers

You would think with Vodafone wanting people to either upgrade or take out a new contract the options they provide would be seamless and intuitive as possible.

I can well imagine people giving up and going elsewhere or through independents.

Most people prefer not to have to contact Customer services on the phone or via Live Chat as they find the self service online options better for them, as long as they work !

I'm not sure why your order process is glitching and I appreciate you've gone through most self help troubleshooting tips to get this done.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's here will I'm sure pass this back up the support chain.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. It's certainly something that's gone off for years because when I looked up the issue online, they had the exact same issue from years back. I actually asked the chat using the app and they said they couldn't do anything about it which wasn't very helpful. 

It's certainly a conundrum and I suspect if it's happening to you it's almost certain others maybe being affected too.

May I ask what you have had to do or going to do to complete your upgrade @jamie1981uk  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

At this moment in time, absolutely nothing. I have to self isolate and the upgrade is due in a few weeks so I decided I might just do it online since I can't go into the store. The other thing that bugged me was, I work at Morrisons and I can use a discount code from them but Vodafone have done something to stop me using it. Because they have put "extras" on every single data deal I'm wanting, I can't apply it. It's certainly another nail in the coffin that is making me think twice about upgrading. 

AnnS

I am sorry my reply was incorrect @jamie1981uk  I wasn't quite sure how you were trying to upgrade. It's understandable you would like to take advantage of your employers advantage discount towards your upgrade. 

It might be worth contacting the Social Team through Twitter/Facebook social channels they will be able to check your account and make sure there is no reason for you being unable to complete the upgrade.  If this is an option to help you upgrade, follow this link: Contact the Social Team 

I have sent two messages using Facebook and got no reply. I will try again.