cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whenever I renew my contract I get insurance added even when I specifically said I don't want it

DMcT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The title says it all, the last 3 times I've renewed my contract with vodafone I've requested to not have any insurance and every time I end up paying for insurance. I am sick of this, I have my phone covered by my home contents insurance so insuring it through you is totally redundant. Please stop adding it to peoples bills when they have said they don't want it.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @DMcT 

When you upgrade you need to cancel your insurance otherwise it will continue for the previous device.  However, insurance may have been given as a one month promotion and will need to be cancelled.  This is done by calling here : Cancel Insurance 

I am aware how to cancel it, having had to do it twice previously, my point is why does it keep getting added when it is specifically rejected when renewing the contract? I shouldn't have to cancel it at all as I shouldn't have it in the first place when I have requested not to when signing up for a contract

hrym

When you say "renewed my contract", do you mean that you are upgrading?   If you do nothing, your existing deal will continue on a 30-day rolling basis.   How are you "renewing" - online, by phone, in a shop or via a third party?   Whichever way, if you're offered insurance, you should be able to decline it and, if it's included, you should be able to cancel it.   I've upgraded may times and never been offered insurance.

What I'd suggest is that you cancel the insurance now so that it's not in place next time you renew/upgrade and that really ought to be the end of it.   If it persists, speak to the Social Media team via Facebook or Twitter and they should be able to get to the bottom of what's going on and resolve it for you.

Yes in this case it's an upgrade, but it really shouldn't be coming up as I have cancelled it every time it does, and declined it with every application for qj upgrade, and with every upgrade it keeps coming back but with zero notice until I see it on my bill. I upgrade online, I'm not comfortable with talking to people, even these posts are giving me massive anxiety.

hrym

I would suggest that you drop a note to the Social Media team and ask them to cancel the insurance now.   It shouldn't then appear on the renewal.   If you decline the option online, it should never have started, of course, but without knowing exactly what you're doing, I can say what's happening.

Cancelling insurance should normally be a simple matter of calling Customer Services but, if you're not comfortable with that, Social Media is the best alternative.   They'll take your details privately and then you can leave it with them.

AnnS

Hi @DMcT 

I wouldn't be surprised is this is your original insurance that has not been cancelled and it's rolling over on amonth to month basis.  This is ,of course, of no use to you and won't even cover you for your upgraded phone.

If you refer to this previous link https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Insurance/m-p/2678183#M61359 you will see there is an email address for the insurance company, if you pop them over an email you won't need to speak to anyone and it should do the trick.