Ask

Solution

contract

Rubinnn9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a phone contract on March2021.

I lost My phone On January 2023.

Despite The fact  that i Broke my phone i didn’t Do anything about it or called vodafone Since i had no insurance so i thought they wont do anything About it .I payed My bill Till april Of this year .

I didn’t know I had To terminate The contract Myself i thought it Ends Itself.Despite the fact of me not knowing I still Payed 2 extra month Until I went to my direct debit and Removed It .

Since Then I got A letter Saying A debt Agency Is working with Vodafone To come and Collect an Outstanding Bill Of 250£ .

I am Really frustrated And With the costs Of living that is Alot and I am scared On what to do next !

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Contracts don't just end @Rubinnn9 , contracts are a minimum term and roll over until cancelled.

When you lost the phone the first thing to have done would be to report the phone as lost or stolen and ask Vodafone to block the SIM and IMEI block the phone to prevent unauthorised use.  From what you have written someone has used the phone and run up a bill and since you failed to block the SIM, you are liable for the bill.  Fortunately, Vodafone were looking after you here and stopped any further use of the SIM.

To get this solved drop the Social Team a message through social channels for account access by following this link: Contact Us 

No one Has Used The phone at At all .I am pretty sure you cannot access Your Iphone If you don’t know the passcode so there is no Way anyone Could have accessed or used my sim card .I Paid For not even using my phone And Now I got debt Collectors On my Back .This is Not fair At all .Vodafone Knows 2 years Is Up .They done the research And they should have Cancelled The contract there where i started not paying it .Pretty smart they know contract has finished so Now Get debt collectors so they can still collect money  that you don’t even Own them …. Is 2023 And yet you still have to call to terminate your 2 year contract.It should end right when It done 2 years …

AnnS

Contract can't just end @Rubinnn9 , this is the same for all networks including your Sky TV and home broadband, if the number was disconnected after the 2 years ended with the lost of a number networks would be flooded with complaints.

There would have been nothing stopping the SIM from being removed and used in an alternative phone, for this reason it is important to make sure the SIM has been immediately blocked. 

Cancelling a contract has been made easier now with the use of PAC and STAC codes.   There is further information here: Cancel Account

The Social Team will have account access and see exactly what has happened and will be able to advise further.

I have Called my old number everyday, It was Out of use .To access the sim card you needed A code You can’t just take it out and put it on a new Phone .I went to vodafone Myself and Said They won’t be able to help me, So i have to speak to debt collectors now