Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling dropouts

PixelBadger
2: Seeker

I have poor reception in my house from pretty much all the networks, so rely on WiFi Calling hugely but recently it's become very unreliable and hardly ever works when I make or take a call which makes it my Samsung s10 useless as a phone in my house on Vodafone. Often when I reboot the phone the wifi calling function returns but then it will go again and having to reboot all the time is not a good solution especially when you don't know when you're going to receive a call. I've contacted Vodafone using IM and they said they said they rest the wifi calling function which worked for a bit but then it started dropping out again. Very frustrating. 

6 REPLIES 6

Cmundo1972

Is it because your phone is switching it’s connection to you broadband router between 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies? I think it needs to lock in one this maybe issue but you would need to check with your broadband provider. I’m no techie but this was issue for me.

Thanks for your suggestion. I only ever have it connected to the 2.4ghz one though.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PixelBadger This isssue is known to Samsung, users are experiencing unexpected data loss, or voice issues on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e phones. A software upgrade will be released soon. When it is, you can update your phone by opening Apps > Settings > System updates > Download and install. If you still have a problem after the update's been installed, let us know and we'll take a closer look for you 🔎

Thanks for your reply. Does this mean it is an issue with all networks? Not just Vodafone?

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome @PixelBadger 😊 This isn't a network related issue, as @Mark mentioned,it's a device/manufacturer related problem that Samsung are currently aware of. After you've completed your software update, please let us know if this has helped improve your Wi-Fi Calling connection.

I'm having the same problem with a S21 Ultra so it's still an issue for me !!

Come on Vofafone fix this problem