cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling not provisioned on handset (Xcover4)

alanjenney
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently purchased a Samsung XCover4 on contract through Vodafone, I need a rugged handset and WiFi-Calling.  The Wifi Calling feature is enabled for my account but the OTA configuration to enable the service does not appear to have been sent out or received correctly as the software toggle for the service has not turned up in my Phone Settings.

After days of going around the same loop of asking for it through the social media team, online chat and by calling 191, the setting has still not appeared.  I have tried resetting the phone to see if I had made a mess of it.  I have been to Samsung Support to have the software re-applied to no avail.  I went to a Vodafone store and they were just as stumped.  In the meantime, calls break up or are easily dropped and Vodafone is the best reception of all the networks locally.  Mind you, I do not even live in an especially rural area.   

This phone is listed and advertised as supporting it.  I got it directly through Vodafone to avoid configuration issues.  What has been omitted?  "It should just come on".

It is running Android Oreo 8.1.0 with the September 2018 updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The technical teams had been working on it.  By this morning, the option appeared in Phone...Settings just as it should have done straight away.  And it appears to work as expected.  Clear calls indoors at last on WiFi and 4G Calling should be available, too, when I am out and about. 

Although I understand that a recent upgrade to an adjacent cell tower 1658900 57417 has cleared a network bottleneck and I am actually getting both 2G and 3G passibly at home indoors from 47511835 126, which was not the case a month ago.  Not quite a stable 4G signal from there, but more calling options are covered now when I could not keep a calling going at all before.

20190322_140422.jpg

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

The technical teams had been working on it.  By this morning, the option appeared in Phone...Settings just as it should have done straight away.  And it appears to work as expected.  Clear calls indoors at last on WiFi and 4G Calling should be available, too, when I am out and about. 

Although I understand that a recent upgrade to an adjacent cell tower 1658900 57417 has cleared a network bottleneck and I am actually getting both 2G and 3G passibly at home indoors from 47511835 126, which was not the case a month ago.  Not quite a stable 4G signal from there, but more calling options are covered now when I could not keep a calling going at all before.

20190322_140422.jpg

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alanjenney It's great to hear your Wi-Fi Calling is now working and that there's also been improvements to the signal in your area 😊 Thanks for taking the time to let us know. 
If there's anything you need help with in the future, please don't hesitate to pop back to us here. 

What about everyone else? 

Moto g62 5g 

Idiots on webchat

Moved from other network specifically because handset is supported on Vodafone. 

Not provisioned - no wifi calling

Vodafone WiFi too to add insult to injury! 

Hey, we can check to see if Wi-Fi calling is active on your services if it is and it's still not active we can send the files to your phone. Please get in touch with my team and we can look into it for you. You can find out how to get in touch here

I just asked Fatima to do it on Facebook messenger and it was done. Why should the customer do their own customer service? Pretty crap really.