Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling - Text messages

machare
13: Advanced Member

Does Vodafone Wifi calling allow text messages to be sent and received?  If not when will it be enabled?

Being able to receive text messages has become very important as many banks send codes to a mobile which have to be entered to login to their web sites.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No unfortunately @machare 

There hasn't been any official information from Vodafone that they will add it at a later date.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

No unfortunately @machare 

There hasn't been any official information from Vodafone that they will add it at a later date.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  That is a pity especially as other operators do allow it.

simax
14: Advanced member

It appears that with Apples iOS 14.3 update released yesterday, text messages can now be sent over WiFi calling. The change may have happened for other phones as well.

hrym

Is that definitely SMS messages, or are you using iMessage or another RCS format?

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

SMS, it says IMS Status: Voice and SMS.

In airplane mode, I can send and receive  SMS ano my Android phone. No imessage or RCS.

simax

Definitely SMS. Received a text message from a company today whilst phone was in airplane mode with WiFi calling enabled. Also the iPhone menu shows SMS being supported now.

As of yesterday I now appear to be receiving SMS over WiFi as well. My suresignal died, no SMS over WiFi and no possible replacement and when I rang they said that SMS over WiFi was "happening soon". And then, yesterday, it appears

Are you using an iPhone or android?