Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will a scratch on phone screen effect my annual upgrade

RLM123
4: Newbie

Hi I have tried speaking to a online advisor regarding my phone but there is none available atm. I can upgrade tomorrow for the annual upgrade promise but my phone has a scratch on the front screen apart from that my phone works perfect and is in good condition. Will this scratch now mean I can’t upgrade? 

10 REPLIES 10

MarkD

Hi @RLM123, we do ask that the screen and casing in intact. We would recommend that you speak with the sales team about the upgrade, you do have a 14 day cancellation period from the start of your new contract. To make sure that you fall inside this window, we would recommend that you send your current phone to us as quickly as possible after receiving the new one. If you do fall outside the 14 day cancellation period and your device is not accepted, you would be charged for your new contract and the early upgrade fee in full 🙂

Hi I have managed to get in touch with them. They have said I can’t upgrade as the scratch is longer than 10mm even though it’s only a hair line scratch and no cracks etc

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Long shot @RLM123 but check the phone hasn't got a factory fitted screen protector on it by running your nail along the edges of the screen. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I will check thank you. It’s just a little annoying as I only didn’t have a screen protector on as my old one chipped so I took it off while waiting for my new one in the post so it was only off 2days

I can feel a different surface with my finger nail between the side/frame and the black bezel on the outside of my screen but am not sure if that’s just the screen itself? 

BandOfBrothers

Which make and model of phone are you using @RLM123  ?

Current Phone  >

I have a iPhone 11pro

Would it be best to visit the store to see if my phone is in a acceptable condition? As the scratch is say 2.5cm long but it is very thin as you can easily miss it if you don’t look properly the rest of my phone is in great condition and is working fully etc

BandOfBrothers

The iPhone would be sent away to be assessed and they'd let you know.

It's not a decision the Vodafone Highstreet Store can make.

Unfortunately I don't think Apple apply a factory fitted screen protector @RLM123 

Current Phone  >