Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Zinc debt collection for unknown bill

Stu222
2: Seeker

2 months ago I received a debt collection letter asking for £133.  I have a pay monthly account and it gets paid every month.

I go onto the online chat where a Vodafone customer service representative says "there is nothing to worry about just ignore it".

So i pass the transcript onto zinc group who say they will contact Vodafone.  Two months later I get an email from zinc group saying I still owe £133.

I would just like to know what I have to pay for.  No body at Vodafone seems to know.

I have contacted Ofcom is there anyone else that could help?

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This needs to be escalated to the Credit File Support Team, who are the only people who will have access to the full details.   The most reliable way of getting this done is to contact the Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter.   They'll be able to take your details and set things in motion.   Make sure the debt collector knows you're disputing the matter and holds off further action.

Andy

Hi @Stu222, we really want to get this investigated and resolved as quickly as possible for you, as @hrym has said could you get in touch with us by Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK. If you don’t use Facebook, we're also available through Twitter Direct Message.

SarahDolding

contacted by Zinc via letter which arrived weeks after final payment date had passed.  called Zinc who confirmed outstanding debt of £196 which rose to £292 during phone call!  Wrong contact details on file and requested payment. Vodafone no help at all - absolutely useless hence that's why I've never used them.  Scam Scam Scam - no info forthcoming and useless, pointless procedure

stacey993
1: Seeker

Did this ever get resolved? I have now having the same issue even though I am still in my contract and paying monthly, every month with out fail 

Mike

Good morning @stacey993  If you would like to drop the team a DM on either Facebook or X they will be more than happy to look into this for you.