Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

data has disappeared and now my account has been deactivated

moorlander
4: Newbie

now sit back and listen to my story;-

I renewed my contract in Feb 2021 on a sim only RED 20 with a promo 100gb of dats per month valid for the entire length of the contract. This was great as I am self employed and conduct the majority of my work via VPN on mobile data. A couple of days ago I checked my account via the App and it showed 117gb remaining..I went to bed , switching my phone off....The next morning I checked my app again and great - still had 117gb of data remaining. I downloaded the days emails - around 1mb and then went out to work. At lunchtime I was contacted to ask if I had received an important email..I was unable to contact via mobile data so checked my account and to showed zero data remaining...then the fun part starts...I contacted VF via the live chat service and after 3 1/2 hours of typing and being told that  I had not data on my account, I had only data for 1 month , my contact had expired and the data allowance was a prompt for a month !! Yes I kid you not...I was then told that my account required resetting as there was a problem with the monthly billing ( which was not due yet ) ...I checked my account via the app and my monthly invoice had increased from £23 to £196 per month......and then the event funnier events begin...My account was deactivated my Vodafone.!!!!!! but as a goodwill gesture I would be credited £10 !!!  

I rang again this morning and was told that the account had been reset incorrectly but it would be treated as priority in order to reinstate .....well its now 1800hrs and having been on chat again for an hour I was asked ''what is the resolution you would expect to receive from this ''  and having nearly exploded as a result of this statement from the live chat agent I was ultimately told it would be 24 hrs for reconnection ......

Its hard enough being a small business without this happening...I cannot divert calls as my number no longer exists and I m losing money hand over fist ...I have been out and purchased a cheap way as you go phone bit so far its cost me £90 today in phone charges ...

So vodafone - was next before I make this public and report this to Ofcom ?

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there @moorlander - I'm sorry for the delay getting to your post. 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, to let us know what's been happening - I know how important it is to stay connected and I can understand your frustration around this. 

We'll need to take a look at your account to see what's happening with this, please get in touch with my team via social media. Please remember to include your Community username in your message, along with a link to your post so you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂

I contacted VF via the Facebook messenger service and quite frankly that was a complete waste of time....OFFSHORE CUSTOMER SERVICE ...round and round ...they could not understand what was occurring...and then to cap it all they asked me ''what resolution was I expecting'' ......then I received a charge for a '' new plan / out of service charge'' of £18 plus a £15 extra charge ...which no one seemed to know what it was for .....

So where do I go now ?

Hi @moorlander, thanks for getting back to us. When you sent us a message on Facebook, did you include your Community username or a link to this thread?