Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone has no network, says "phone not allowed"

Lmurr1973
2: Seeker

Hi, I received my new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I put the SIM card in that came with it and it didn’t pick up any signal. I bought directly from Vodafone 

This is what it shows in settings:

Setting > general > about > network (showing not available) > phone not allowed

I tried another SIM card and the same thing happened. I phoned Vodafone and the SIM card is all set up and there is no issues their end. Apple ran diagnostics and couldn’t find any issues. Is there anything else I can try before I send it back? I’ve also restored phone from recovery mode.  Aside from that the phone works well. I can use WiFi and use phone but have no cellular signal. I tried SIM cards in another phone and they work fine. Thanks so much. 

5 REPLIES 5

Lmurr1973

I forgot to say phone is unlocked to any network. There is no SIM card restrictions and Vodafone confirms it’s unlocked. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

OK so just to check my understanding here

- The phone and sim were purchased from Vodafone 

- The sim card doesn't work in the iPhone

- The sim card does work in a different device

- You've also tried a different SIM in the iPhone and had the same issue

It seems from the steps above,  you've more than proved it's an issue with the new phone itself. As you bought it directly from Vodafone, you need to contact them and tell them the phone is defective. They should then arrange to replace it where the courier brings a new handset and picks up the defective one at the same time. 

Not a great story though, hope they sort it soon for you

WelshPaul

Get Vodafone to check if the phones IMEI has been blacklisted.

SarahJ122

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Have you solved yours and if you did, how did you do it? 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SarahJ122! Please pop our Social Media team a message here and they'll be able to troubleshooting your issue 🙂