Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

pddaks
4: Newbie

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. 

I've Galaxy S7 Edge phone on small business pay monthly account. I wanted to use other network SIM with this phone. When I insert other netowrk's SIM it prompts me to enter PUK

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

I've contacted Vodafone at least 4 times in past 2 months to get this issue resolved but still no one in their team has been able to figure out what to do. 

FYI I haven't entered any incorrect SIM/Code or any other thing in phone or have done anything wrong with SIM.

And yes I've already tried that link where you request NUC and also a PUK was provided by their support on chat. None of these helped. I don' tneed NUC. I need them to unlock phone to be used with any other SIM. There is nothing wrong with other netowrk SIM either it works perfectly on other unlocked phone. 

It's vodafone who have to unlock phone to let me use it with any other SIM. How on the Earth I communicate this to them so that they understand it and resolve my issue. 

Any help?

133 REPLIES 133

My issue also isn't sorted yet. Am in touch with Vodafone, although its taking too long and no luck as yet!!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rimej - It’s not good to hear that it’s still on going

So that we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Please also explain when you contact us, the exact wording of what your phone is asking for.

Hi Gemma

I have this exact same scenario with my Galaxy S8 handset. Instore provided me with a NUC code, which has been confirmed as correct. However I have the same issue, same messages, but need a resolution very quickly (travelling to the US on Tuesday and need to use a 3rd party Sim card. Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Matthew

Here are the screen shots of the prompt and the "failed" screen. This happens with any sim inserted, which are confirmed as unlocked, and confirmed instore. They were unable to offer any solution!

2018-01-08 00.17.55.png2018-01-08 00.18.22.png

Having done more research, and finding people with the same issue on previous models. apparently I first need a "Unfreeze" or MCK code from Vodafone.  How do I obtain this? Thank you 

i have email reseived from nucresolution and its work.

i have post it in forum

Thank you Andy for quick reply , I think I have to get the MCK code to solve the problem , do you know how long does it take ? 

Thanks 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@grkashani It'll take roughly around the same time it took you to get the original NUC, so around 3-5 working days from submission. 

Its almost 2 month  and I am still waiting to get MCK code , every time I call customer service I have to explain everything from scratch to convince them the MCK code differs from nuc code , I have been promised many times, again today I talk to one of them , he said I email to NUC team and get back to you , in one sentence I am frustrated and I am not sure what to do 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @grkashani I completely understand your frustration here. It sounds like we'll need to raise this to our dedicated NUC team. Please feel free to drop us a message over Social Media here and we'll get the ball rolling again for you!