Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

simswap

Ashley65
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my boss has cancelled my phone contract but done a simswap on my old phone, he is now receiving calls made to my phone, what else can he access?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Ah I see @Ashley65 

Thank you for explaining which is crucial to what can be achieved.

As I mentioned he's the account holder so the number is your bosses as far as Vodafone is concerned.

From what you say now I'm not sure they'll let you have ownership of the number. 

It's upto your boss and you speaking to them to reach a common ground.

Their only access will be to the number and account.

Any texts and emails are held on the phone locally.

Vodafone don't have access to such content even via a subject to access request.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

Hi @Ashley65 

Your boss has certainly messed up your number, what he should have done is change of ownership for your number here: Transferring your number and agreement and not cancelled your number and do a SIM swap, as the account holder he is now receiving all the calls and everything else to his number.

The only way to get to solved would be for your boss to contact Vodafone and get the number reinstated and try and do the change of ownership.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Ashley65 

Is your boss the contract account holder ?

Current Phone  >

Hi, yes he is.

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately that would mean as the account holder he can do what he wants @Ashley65 

None of my business but I'm puzzled as to why your boss would do this in the first place !!

Current Phone  >

we had a fall out temporarily but during that time he decided to do a recall on the phone and the sim....now he receives my redirected calls and im not sure what else he has access too.....i feel a bit violated even though hes my friend

BandOfBrothers

Ah I see @Ashley65 

Thank you for explaining which is crucial to what can be achieved.

As I mentioned he's the account holder so the number is your bosses as far as Vodafone is concerned.

From what you say now I'm not sure they'll let you have ownership of the number. 

It's upto your boss and you speaking to them to reach a common ground.

Their only access will be to the number and account.

Any texts and emails are held on the phone locally.

Vodafone don't have access to such content even via a subject to access request.

Current Phone  >

Oh phew relief, thankyou so much, to be fair thats what he said to me but when you know someone is answering your personal calls you then go into overdrive as there was  personal stuff that i did not want displayed to anyone....Im not bothered so much by having the phone number back although it has made access to banks, paypal etc impossible and difficult at the moment which is sad as i trusted him 100% before this, i also thought it was mutual. I wouldnt personally put anyone through this.

Thankyou so much for your help...my mind is a bit calmer now :Smiling: