Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd Party Router on full fibre 900

aliyua
2: Seeker

Hi everyone.

I feel like I am going insane trying to get my Asus DSL-AX82U router working as a replacement to the vodafone hub. I've scoured these boards and even amazon comments to try and get it working. FTTP/H by openreach. 

Password and email to the broadband are correct as I've reached out to vodafone to check three times.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step if they've managed to get it to work? 

18 REPLIES 18

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Have you set the VLANID? Undo it, openreach has no vlanid on fttp unless it's via Kingston Communications where it would be 101.

Post a screenshot of your WAN settings, redacting sensitive data. 

Yes I have tried without the VLAN and also set to 101, and 911. Nothing. It just doesn't connect to the Internet. Broadband Password and username are all correct as well. 🥲

Ripshod

Have you reset the router and set up through QIS (Quick Internet Setup)? That method should be foolproof. Double check the connection at the ONT. Try a different ethernet lead. 

If you're using the asus app don't, it's insecure and unreliable.

Daft question, but blue wan port to ONT, yes? 

Reset the router, updated the firmware. I am unable to do the QIS setup with auto detect the screen keeps flickering away. So I haven't had a chance to select country and ISP. So it's been manual, updating the WAN settings.

I think at this point, only thing I haven't tried is to set it up using a windows machine to see if the QIS auto detect works on there.

If this is the foolproof way then I'm gonna try on a windows and then head to asus support to see if they can help.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Jayach

Just what device were you using previously, and how can you be sure the PPPoE credentials are correct?

Two different mac pros on two different OS', one on ventura and the other on sonoma. I triple checked with Vodafone because the first set they gave was wrong and had additional characters in the password. Anyway I've managed to get this connected using a windows. 

aliyua

Absolutely insane, I went through the whole thing after a factory reset and used a windows machine. While the asus manual settings page was still going scrolling and wouldn't do the auto detect but it works now. Absolutely mad!

Aliyua, can you send a screenshot of your WAN settings?  I am having a similar problem and the forums are very confusing.  I have set up my WAN as follows.  My new internet setup option doesn't seem to be working and I don't want to reset the router as I have several SSIDs set up that I don't want to have to set up again.  Current my workaround is to go from the vodafone router to the ASUS and that is giving me a connection but I'd like to go back to just using the ASUS.

Capture.JPG

aliyua

Sure , here are the screenshots. Itll need to be moderated before you can see them.

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg