Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisted 2nd hand mobile - Help to remove blacklisting

shadowseed
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand mobile (Samsung S7 edge). I was told it was locked to Vodaphone, which was fine because i would just get a vodaphone sim for it. But it did not work and took it to a vodaphone shop. They told me it has been blacklisted by Vodaphone (but they could not tell me why). I took it to the police station and they confirmed that it has not been reported as lost or stolen.

Can someone at Vodophone help me get the phone un-blacklisted please.

Thanks,

Carlos

12 REPLIES 12

Why are we acting like this is ok, and a perfectly reasonable thing for a company to do ? 

If you bought a car and then NCP came to your house, clamped the car and then refused to either remove the clamp or tell you why its been clamped, any normal person would be enraged.

The phone is my property, and it is not stolen or lost, so how is it ok for a large company to have the right to "clamp" my property.

Im not trying to be difficult or argumentative, but i feel like just because Vodaphone are a large corprate entity that they can simply do what they want with someone elses property?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@shadowseed I understand this must be frustrating for you. If you bought the from from a second hand seller, our hands are tied. 
The original owner, may not necessarily have reported the issue to the police. This would explain why they don't have a record of it. We wouldn't be able to discuss any details of the history of the phone with you, due to protecting the data of the original owner. 
It would be the case of asking the seller to return your money to you, or contacting us to remove the bar. I'm sorry there's nothing further we can do to help. 

Same problem I had. Fella that sold the phone died. I could get a death certificate to change phone ownership but I found out he used a fake name to purchase the phone which nobody knows except vodafone but data protection they can't tell me. I offered to pay to get the phone unblocked but vodafone refused. Buyers should also be protected against this type of fraud. I paid for the phone, I own the phone. I have all the details of who sold me the phone. Can't report to the police, the fella is dead.... If anyone knows what I can do as well, please post.