Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t unlock my Vodafone iPhone

SheilaPemb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I finish my contract and would like to unlock my iPhone so I can gift to my mother to use abroad. 
I completed the form requesting to unlock 3 times but says that the phone cannot be unlocked. 
please could you help me Vodafone customer service 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @SheilaPemb 

I'm assuming you've used your Vodafone sim card in the iPhone and then used your Vodafone account details on the unlock request form.

If so there's no need to use a Vodafone Payg sim card.

If so that should have been enough to unlock it.

Did Vodafone UK supply the iPhone or was it via an independent such as Carphone Warehouse as we've seen posts where people were facing barriers from the network when requesting the phone be unlocked to all Network's. 

Vodafone state " Unfortunately, we can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, from Carphone Warehouse."

IPhone's don't use a Nuc.

Instead Apple release them from their database once Vodafone request they do so.

It can sometimes take around 30 days for this to happen.

Periodically use an alternative sim card that's activated in the iPhone and a pop up should show showing it's unlocked.

Customer services via Live Chat,  191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger can check the progress of the unlock request. 

Alternatively a reputable online unlocking site or Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's can be an option but they would levy a fee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.