Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cisco SPA525G2

m4xm0rris
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I recently bought a Cisco IP Phone SPA525G2 which is locked with the Vodafone OneNet firmware. How do I remove this firmware to use the phone with my own SIP server as I only plan to use the phone at home and therefore cant use OneNet.

Thanks!

42 REPLIES 42

Hey @Tony6905 All of the One Net team contact information is on the link Gemma provided. We don't have any alternative email address for them unfortunately. If that email isn't working, please try calling the team instead 🙂

Hi Steph,

Thank you for your answer.
I sent email to this email address below. But it doesn't work.
vodafoneonenet wasn't found at help.vodafone.co.uk, or the mailbox is unavailable.
I called the phone number, the team is always busy. 

Email us on

vodafoneonenet@help.vodafone.co.uk

Thank you for any advise. 
Tony

Thanks for getting back to me @Tony6905 I've double checked the email and verified it on our system and it is still valid and active so I'm not sure why you are getting that message. The best thing to do is to keep trying the number on the link Gemma provided. I know the lines are busier than usual but as soon as an agent is available, your call will be answered. 

Error Details
Reported error:550 5.1.351 Remote server returned unknown recipient or mailbox unavailable -> 550 --- The email was not delivered to the following addresses: vodafoneonenet@help.vodafone.co.uk: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local. ##

The response from the remote server was:

550 --- The email was not delivered to the following addresses: vodafoneonenet@help.vodafone.co.uk: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local. ##

I sent my email from two different systems.  And I got immediately the error message.

Regards

Antal Vincz 
Technical manager / Head of engineer

Thanks for sending that over @Tony6905 I've forwarded this on for review. In the meantime, if you need to speak to the One Net team, please call the number provided by Gemma or drop the Social Media team a message here and they can contact the team on your behalf. 

DaveBHX
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi

if you want to message me i will send you details how to unlock the spa525g so you can get into the advanced menu and to get into admin log in. This will allow you to put your sip providers info in and use the phone on another sip provider.

rgds

dave

Please could you DM me the passoword for the phone admin.

Thanks,

Ryan

I created a web-server with the mac address.xml file but there is no profile/provisioning option. I also have a Snom 370 (Vodafone locked) andnd created a DHCP server and TFTP server with the snom370-r.bin (and snom370.bin) but it would not recover from it.

I pretty much tried everything on this project - I can't get into either phone. Vodafone gave me an admin password of 2580 but this doesn't work. They just want old phones to end up in land-fill. Even ones which are obsolute and they don't sell any more, so have no reason to block them from being re-used.

Please could you pm me the admin password?

Hi,  I have a Cisco spa525G2 at first I was able to go to the web gui and when I tried to go to admin login it would request for a user name and password which I did not have so I did a speaker three times which took me to factory recover so i went ahead and did exactly that on restart when i went to the web gui the admin login had disappeared please help me on what to do i need to register this phone on asterisk pbx