main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

How to get Samsung master phone unlock code

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Phone unlock code sent by Vodafone didn't work on Samsung Note 8. Vodafone say they asking Samsung for master code - that will take days and days !? I need my device to access banking app on the phone!!

How can I speed this up?

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Natasha 

I am sure you mentioned that the process was going to be simplified and Vodafone were going to provide the master code at the same time as the NUC and now you are saying that the master code has to be provided by the manufacturer  and it may well take a further 10 working days.  I can't believe Samsung have numerous Master Codes.

Not sure of the reason for Vodafone making unlocking a Samsung phone difficult for customers.  The unlock code is of no use whatsoever without the master code.

View solution in original position

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mcmck, a code can take 10 working days if we're contacting the manufacturer for this.  While we'd be unable to speed this up, you should receive an email update once your code has been given to us by the manufacturer.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Natasha 

I am sure you mentioned that the process was going to be simplified and Vodafone were going to provide the master code at the same time as the NUC and now you are saying that the master code has to be provided by the manufacturer  and it may well take a further 10 working days.  I can't believe Samsung have numerous Master Codes.

Not sure of the reason for Vodafone making unlocking a Samsung phone difficult for customers.  The unlock code is of no use whatsoever without the master code.

View solution in original position

View more options

Please be assured that this has been fed back previously @AnnS - I've been told this has been raised to our Unlocking team but I've also flagged this again to the dedicated department.

View more options
3: Seeker

Same issue here - it is absolutely infuriating.

Every time we have spoken to online support, we've been told something different, including:

- You don't need an MCK code, only need the unlock code (they gave the same one to us twice, and obviously it didn't work)

- The unlock code will work if you wait 24 hours (kicking the can down the road, obviously didn't work)

- Vodafone can't give MCK codes, it's down to the phone manufacturer (I spoke to Samsung tech support and they denied this)

- Vodafone can't give MCK codes because it's a breach of GDPR (had this one yesterday, hilarious!)

- You can only unlock it at a store (I drove 35 miles to our nearest store and was told they can't do it there but it had to be done via technical support online)

- They could unlock it if we buy a new Vodafone SIM and use it for a month in the phone, minimum top-up £10 (nice try!)

- They can and would supply a MCK code within 2 - 24 hours (that was 5 days ago)

This has switched me right off Vodafone.  Everyone tells me something different.  I would be amazed if this wasn't a deliberate policy to stop people leaving the network which rings alarm bells.  Otherwise, why would they make it so hard (if not impossible) to get a code?  Shocking service.

It's against anti-competition laws and needs to be flagged.

View more options

This isn't the experience that you should be having when requesting the Master Code @badgerbadger. Please be assured that we've fed back the process and are currently looking into ways this can be improved.

So that we can get your phone unlocked for you, please send our team a message over Facebook or Twitter. Please include your Community username and a link to your post - this will save you some time as you won't need to repeat what's happened.

Once we have your details and securely accessed your account, we'll be able to request for the Master Code from Samsung and will also be able to feedback the experience you've had when speaking to different advisers. This will allow us to ensure that our customers don't receive the same misinformation.

View more options