Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Master code

Dutchy1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone to use with another SIM Network. I have entered various codes PuK, NUC etc, having read other posts it appears i need a Master Code for my handset from Vodafone. How do i get this as no one appears to know what a master Code is?

Many thanks

56 REPLIES 56

Hi there can you please provide a link to where you got your msk code?

I'm having the same issue and I'm at the end of my tether, when my 3 contracts are up its goodbye Vodafone. 

Absolutely shambolic!!

Thank you in advance. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you're having problems getting your phone unlocked @Mr_V786

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you and escalate this to our NUC team, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Who do I need to contatc ib Vodafone to get the MSK / Master / Unfreeze code, I have tried the PUK codes I took it to a phone dealer and everything on the commucity says I need t get it from vodafone or pay for it and after the amount I have already paid for the phone I should have this information available to me but I don't know how or who to ask for it.

Please advise

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook and Vodafone Twitter can help with the mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

The team here are unable to help with account based enquiries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I have been trying to unlock my SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+ phone to use it with another network for three weeks.

I have recevied the NUC but it does not work because, by mistake, I input it incorrectly a few times (I initially confused the NUC with the PUK code and input the latter) and my S8+ is now frozen.

I raised my query over with the Vodafone Support Team more than three weeks ago and immeditely clarified that I needed a Master Code or MCK to defreeze the phone and eventually be able to input the NUC I have.

The issue was escalated to the NUC Resolutions Team that, in turn, never replied. I also personally wrote to the NUC Resolutions Team but, again, no replies whatsoever.

I also contacted Samsung and they confirmed that only Vodafone can provide me with the Master Code to defreeze my Galaxy S8+.

I keep contacting the Vodafone Support but they do not seem to know what I am talking about. The NUC Resolutions Team keeps ignoring any request about the Master Code.

After weeks keep waiting, I now desperately need to be able to use my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We're committed to resolving this @fdetomasi! So our team can help, please send us a message on Twitter @VodafoneUK or Facebook.

By including your Community username and the link to your post in your message, we can help quickly and you won't need to explain yourself again.

Yesterday, 53 days after raising my first request about the Master Code, I finally received it.

Sadly, I have had to experience hours over the phone with people that did not know, or did not understand, what I was talking about. Every time I had to start explaining my issue all over again; every time I was bounced between various Support Teams and supervisors. I was asked to send emails that were attended several days later, I have waited weeks for return calls that never materialised.

The nightmare has ended and my phone is now unlocked. After 7 weeks I can finally use it again but it has been a terrible experience that makes me think about the level of service currently provided by big telephone operators.

Have you received any compensation or apology?

im having same issue, the NUC works but keeps asking for SIM code.. fed up.. can I ask where u got your mastercode from please

@kooldiamond 

A person can ask for the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code from the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

This is sometimes needed for Samsung phones as well as the Nuc. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.