main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

NUC Code not asked for when trying to unlock phone

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

I ported my number from Vodafone to Sky but when I put my Sky Sim in my Samsung S8 phone, it asks for a PUK code, not a NUC code.  Sky have provided their PUC code but it does not work - they say because the handset I purchased from Vodafone is locked. 

I requested and received the NUC code from Vodafone, but when I put the Sky Sim in, it does not ask me to enter the NUC code. It still asks me to enter the PUK code. I attach a screenshot of the message.

I have tried entering another Sim into my phone (Virgin Sim) and get same message.  I tried my Sky Sim in another phone and it works.

So the only conclusion is that the handset is locked - but it does ask me to enter the NUC when I put in the Sky Sim.  I tried re-requesting another NUC and the same code was given.

Having looked at online for a solution, I read I need a Mastercode (MCK). 

I have also emailed the above nucresolutions.co.uk team and received an auto response saying that they do not provide the NUC code.  I have no idea if someone has picked up my email.

Can you please advise how to unlock my phone.

Thanks

Raj20200925_113518.jpg

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

If you contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries they can get you the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

I assume the alternative network sim card your using is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks

The other network Sim is activated and works. I tried it on another phone.

I will try contacting the Social Media Team on Facebook

View more options
Highlighted

Hi

I posted on Facebook Messenger on Saturday 26th and not had any acknowledgement or reply.  It seems my message has not been read yet.

View more options