Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Vodafone Portugal

Fickle48
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I am a complete novice! My husband bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 from cex in Portugal, for our son here in the UK.

I took out a 12month Vodafone UK sim only contract for my son but when I put the sim card in it says I don't have permission to use the network and asks for a NUC.

Vodafone UK did try to help but only gave me sim unlock codes, which isn't what I need.

My husbands sim works in it, no code needed.  But when I put my son's sim in no joy.

Now it says I have tried too many times and says it's blocked and I need an MCK.

I gotta be honest, I am totally totally confused.

Can anyone help at all please? Thank you in advance, and apologies if I'm missing something really obvious!!

3 REPLIES 3

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey there @Fickle48 

You say your husbands SIM card works in with no issues? 

What network is your husbands SIM card on? 

Sounds like the device is locked to that network. 

So it's likely that whoever sold the phone to CEX bought the phone from the same network your husbands sim belongs too.

I did a google (as I'm an Apple user) and found this page which may help understand better. It seems there are companies out there who offer network unlocking for Samsung devices which enables you to use the device on any network

Hiiya, sorry I forgot to specify that his sim is also Vodafone,  but he got it in Portugal.  He works in Portugal for Cex which is where he bought the phone.  Vodafone UK said they couldn't give a nuc as it's bought from a third party seller, even if I've a 12 month contract with Vodafone UK - which is the sim card which won't work in the Portuguese Samsung. 

I'm assuming that Vodafone Portugal/Eu also wouldn't give a nuc due to it being bought from a third party seller.

That's why I'm totally confused as to what to do.

My son is autistic and we got him the phone so he can contact us on his journey to and from school if he needs to.  I'm starting to think my only option is to refund the phone and buy a UK unlocked to Vodafone one.

Apologies if I'm rambling!! Thank you four reply :Smiling:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As the phone is locked to the Vodafone Portugal network @Fickle48, you'll need to speak to them directly. This isn't something we can provide.