2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Network unlock code unsuccessful, sony xperia 5

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @naseer26rns 

Unfortunately there seems to be a few people experiencing unlocking issues in regards to Sony Handsets.

The 1st link advises how to check how many tries a person has to attempt an unlock.

If the tries left are  then a phone is Hardlocked and would need to be sent away by Vodafone to have the counter reset to then try again. The difficulty is all the Vodafone Highstreet Stores are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic which would be the usual route to sending a phone away.

Personally I wouldn't want to chance sending my phone via a Returns Bag sent via contacting Customer services.

Unlock-Sony-Xperia. 

If you have enough attempts available may I also ask....

1. Are you currently in the Uk  ?

2. Are you using an alternative Network Sim Card that is activated  ? i.e connects to mobile data etc ?

Below are a few more results from a forum search.

NUC-not-unlocking-Sony-Xperia-XZ. 

Unlocking-Sony-Xperia-1. 

This is the general Vodafone help page....

How-do-I-use-my-Nuc. 

If you get stuck then Customer services  or the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get the Nuc Checked for you.

Please be aware the response times by Vodafone Customer services has increased due to these unprecedented times.

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

I appreciate your wanting to get your phone unlocked to all network's so I wish you all the best with this situation.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How to check if I have exhausted all the attempts?

@naseer26rns 

If the counter is 0  then it's hardlocked so you can't try unlocking it until Vodafone can send the phone off to be reset.

As the Vodafone Highstreet Stores are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic you may need to wait until they reopen.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Suggestion from side.

When Vodafone sends an email with the code they should put a note saying not to exceed the attempts.

This will help everyone.

Totally understand and agree.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

What Vodafone actually pull these stunts as well? Once contract is paid handset is yours!  Anyone having to send handset off or do without because of NUC code has legal grounds against them. Sooner that Ofcom stuff comes back about no locking handsets the better.