Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network unlock code

Saxophone63
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought an iPhone 7 at carphone warehouse with a Vodafone contract- I now want to use an o2 sim. 
both Vodafone and carphone warehouse say the other has to arrange unlocking. 

what can I do 

6 REPLIES 6

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Saxophone63 Have you submitted an NUC request to our dedicated team via this form HERE yet? If so, what response did you receive back via email? 

the NUC form was submitted back in September. e received a vodafone acknowledgement email 11 September to confirm the email address which was duly done. 

We've not received anything further so chased via vodafone's website only to be told that Vodafone refuses to unlock an iphone bought with a vodafone contract via Carphone warehouse.

We contacted Apple yesterday who confirmed that they felt Vodafone as carrier have a duty to formally apply to have the phone unlocked.

Does vodafone care that they are causing such hardship to their customers?

Hi @Saxophone63, thanks for that information. We can confirm that we wouldn't be able to unlock a device that was brought from a third party. We know that you've previously tried, however, we would recommend that you speak to Carphone Warehouse again to get the device unlocked. 

Apple confirmed that it’s the carrier who can unlock the phone- that’s you Vodafone but you clearly don’t care about the hardship you cause to your customers 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate your frustration with this, probably feeling like you're being passed from pillar to post. We'd need to check if your device is registered to your account and see if we can raise this to our NUC escalation team.

So that we can do this, could you drop us a message on social media?

Be sure to include the following in your message:

- Link to this forum thread

- Your mobile/account number

- Make and model of device

- IMEI on the device

Evie,

thanks - I've sent a tweet