Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old Iphone unlock code

Cawdy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help ! Vodafone have informed me they are unable to supply me with a NUC code for my old Iphone 4S because it is linked to a corporate account. This because I used it with a corporate sim card for business use. The new (at the time) privately purchased phone apparently became locked to Vodafone after inserting the sim. I have since retired from the business and would like to use phone with a different network. Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

I share your pain @scorrid. I too am still stuck with my old iPhone which I would like to pass on to family - unlocked !!

I had a corporate Vodafone sim for work and had the card reduced in size at a Vodafone shop to fit my own personal (unlocked) iPhone.

The tech guy in shop was somewhat surprised when switching on phone and told me that it was now locked to the Vodafone network 😬. I too get the same message as you when trying to sync to iTunes. Let’s hope we get some resolution to this saga. I await Vodafone’s response.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi both, I'm really sorry to hear that you're still unable to get your iPhones unlocked and it certainly sounds like you've been passed from pillar to post. 

@scoridd did you provide your Community user name when you last contacted us via social? I want to try and get some one to chase this up for you today and wanted to find your previous conversation. 

@Cawdy if you'd like us to take a look into your unlocking too, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

Thanks @TJ

I didn't provide my forum user name but I did send them a link to this thread. The person I spoke to on Facebook Messenger used the name Naman. But again, TBH - I don't think I got anywhere with them - they also spoke about needing to get a Network Unlock Code (despite me telling them this was an iPhone) so it seems they didn't know what needed to be done to get this sorted. They also claimed that I'd need to pay £10, which seems very odd since nobody else has ever mentioned this.

TJ

Hi @scoridd - if a £10 charge has been mentioned, it sounds like you're on a corporate account, is this correct? If so, from our NUC page here, it says - To unlock your device, log into Vodafone Corporate Online (VCO) and download the request form. Do you have access to this? 

I don't have access to the VCO. The phone was associated with a corporate account years ago due to the SIM used but I have no association with that business any more.

Well, I'm pleased to report that finally today I turned my phone on and the network SIM lock has gone. I'm not sure if this was a result of actions taken by the participants in this thread - if so, thank you. It has been a very long journey (2+ months), much longer than I would have hoped, but in any case I send my thanks and appreciation for helping me get this sorted.

@Cawdy I hope you can get yours sorted soon too, it was your thread that spurred me on to make all the phone calls and messages to Vodafone that eventually resolved this. I can now finally put my smashed + cracked, 6-hour battery life iPhone XS to rest and make use of my almost good as new 7+.

TJ

That's brilliant news @scoridd - I'm so glad that your phones been unlocked 🙌 Apologies once again that it's been a much rougher ride than it should have been!

Wooo Hoooo - great news. I'm currently in dialogue with Vodafone (Krupal) via twitter so hopefully I may also see some resolution soon. Watch this space.

I know your post was old but did you get your iphone unlocked from the corporate account?

I have the same issue.  I was given an old, out of contract company phone. It was locked to vodafone. 

I used VOXI on it for 4 years and now changed to ID mobile but can't use it as it won't recognise ID sim

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Alternatively you could try a trusted online unlocking site or Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's @Cawdy 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.