Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement phone

Brendag50
2: Seeker

I have just recieved a replacement phone which is locked to carrier EMEA . I need this unlocked 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Brendag50 

Was the phone replaced directly by the manufacturer or was it supplied directly by Vodafone Uk ?

All phones supplied by Vodafone Uk are typically locked to them.

Was this an iPhone  ?

If a manufacturer has replaced a phone then they typically supply one that's locked to that network that supplied it.

I think You would need to let Vodafone Customer services know the new imei and serial number so that they can change the details on your account so that you can apply for  a Nuc.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you fir coming back it was a replacement phone however I took out a new contract and my numbers being used on the new one so  selling the replacement.  Yes it's an Iphone .7 I completed a search online and its locked to EMEA

AnnS

Hi @Brendag50 

At a guess you may not have used your Vodafone SIM in the phone and synchronised to itunes, this is going to be necessary to update the IMEI. 

If the phone is still locked and you meet the criteria, you will be able to get the unlocking done here: Unlock If you are going to sell the phone as unlocked, I would suggest using a PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days making some chargeable connections.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Brendag50 

Yes I thought it would be an iPhone.

So you can request its unlock again as Vodafone replaced it they should have the iPhones imei and serial number already on your account.

Just follow the same procedure you did last time to unlock it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Brendag50 

If you refer to the thread from Apple here:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7749538 you will see that as this was an insurance replacement phone, and originally a locked phone, you will need to reset the IMEI number by synchronising to your Apple account.

Brendag50

Sorry it was direct from vodaphone