Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocking Issue

gavinrawson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There,

When I try putting a virgin mobile sim card in my Vodafone Galaxy S8 I get the following error message "sim network pinblocked. enter SIM network PUK". I incorrectly entered the standard SIM card pin 3 times and I have been given an unlock code from Vodafone for my IMEI but it does not work.

What can I do to allow other SIM cards to work in my phone?

Kind regards, Gavin Rawson.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Ignore the request for a Puk as this has nothing to do with the unlocking.

What you need is the mastercode as known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can supply this.

Ask specifically for the mastercode  / unfreeze code.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yeah, tried that and on "Live Chat" there are no agents available, so points you here and on the phone there is a 30+ wait :Hmm_Face:

Eventually spoke to an advisor and they told me they have never heard of a master unlock code, unfreeze code or an MCK code... they advised that Samsung need to provide it which sounds similar to the other posts in this forum.

Can someone PLEASE confirm how I can get this resolved by Vodafone? And update your agents on how to resolve this issue once and for all?

Samsung wont help in relation to a network locked phone @gavinrawson 

That advice is poor from the agent and sounds like they don't know or fully understand.

It is customer service that have to supply this.

Perhaps try again or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the avenues within the link I added.

Account access isn't available via this forum anymore.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, tried sending a message via facebook... here's hoping for a solution :Fingers_Crossed: