Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung galaxy s21 ultra sim unlocked?

marvi0
4: Newbie

Hi just want to check if the Samsung galaxy s21 ultra comes sim unlocked or locked to Vodafone please? 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @marvi0 

Going from Unlock-code-request 

“ Good news - many of our devices, including all Apple products, are already unlocked. Just insert a SIM from another network and you should be ready to go. ” so it should be.

Vodafone are getting ready for what ofcom are bringing in from December 2021 where all phone's have to be unlocked out of the box.

If for some reason it isn't unlocked then Vodafone unlock it for you on your request via the link I added.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi many thanks, I'm getting one from an online retailer and they're unable to say if its locked or unlocked, that's why I was hoping that someone who may have bought one recently, will know. If say its sim locked and I'm not the original buyer, would Vodafone still unlock if its sim locked? 

BandOfBrothers

Ok that's different @marvi0 

What do you mean by “ and I'm not the original buyer

The supplier of the phone should be able to tell you if it's unlocked to all networks or not.

I'd be wary if they can't supply that information on a product they are infact supplying !

Vodafone won't know as they are not supplying the phone.

In regards to Vodafone unlocking a phone …There will be 2 requirements to Unlock a phone via Vodafone UK .: 
• The device was purchased from Vodafone
• The device is not currently blacklisted.
All other requirements will be removed.
Due to Ofcom rulings all phone's will come unlocked out of the box from December 2021.

See … https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locke...

Check if it says anything in their small print on the retailers page..

Maybe let us know who your intending on buying it from.

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Some networks (Three UK) will not unlock a phone unless you are the original purchaser.

To explain - If I walk into a three store and take out an 18 month contract and receive a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G as part of that contract, the phone is locked to the Three network. If I then sell on the phone and the individual that purchased the phone from me contacts Three at any point in the future and requests an unlock code, Three will refuse to unlock it.

The OP is asking if Vodafone have a similar policy.

BandOfBrothers

@WelshPaul wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Some networks (Three UK) will not unlock a phone unless you are the original purchaser.

To explain - If I walk into a three store and take out an 18 month contract and receive a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G as part of that contract, the phone is locked to the Three network. If I then sell on the phone and the individual that purchased the phone from me contacts Three at any point in the future and requests an unlock code, Three will refuse to unlock it.

The OP is asking if Vodafone have a similar policy.

Hopefully the Op will clarify but if that is indeed what they mean then …

Vodafone say from How-do-I-get-a-Network-Unlock-Code-NUC.  “ Unfortunately, we can't supply a NUC if you didn’t buy your phone directly from Vodafone - for example, if you bought it from Carphone Warehouse. Please contact the shop where you bought it. ” 

Vodafone will unlock a phone as long as the two stipulations below are met.

There will be 2 requirements to Unlock a phone via Vodafone UK .: 
• The device was purchased from Vodafone.

The phone isn't blacklisted.

If the phone hasn't been purchased directly from Vodafone UK then this is where it's not going to be potentially unlocked by Vodafone UK.

Hopefully now that Ofcom has made a statement about unlocked phone's everyone will only sell unlocked versions to remove this barrier @WelshPaul  🤞

Current Phone  >