Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

Rutledge
4: Newbie

Question! I know the phones are locked to Vodafone, but what about the virtual sim in the iPhone XS? can anyone confirm if these are also locked or unlocked?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rutledge

There have been previous threads on the forum asking questions about the eSIM, if you do a search these will come up and unless things have changed, Vodafone don't support the eSIM and you will find Vodafone are still working with Apple to introduce the feature to the network, this means Vodafone would have been unable to activate the eSIM and lock it to the network.

If you are trying to get the phone unlocked, you would only need the one unlock code for the main Vodafone SIM. 

I hope the above answers your question.

@Rutledge

Please see this thread, there are some helpful new replies today.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Support-for-eSIM-in-the-iPhone-Xs/td-p/2607225

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Don’t worry some one from Vodafone will respond shortly with the same message that they are working on it and please keep an eye on coming soon page. 

@azazsons wrote:

Don’t worry some one from Vodafone will respond shortly with the same message that they are working on it and please keep an eye on coming soon page. 

Very true. 

Well Coming Soon. New contract on EE. 

this is an utter farce and I will be leaving Vodafone next month and heading back to EE.

shame as I will be migrating broadband as well as I cannot stay with a company that’s not keeping abreast with technological advancements. 

One thing I don’t understand is why can’t they come up with a clear answer and tell us exactly what is going on.
For the last three years we receive the same response which is to keep an eye on up coming news page and they are working on it with Apple.

tdacruz1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i am new here so dont know if i am at the corect location

i jus aqured a new Xs unlocked and using Metro PCS but on my old phone 6s Plus i also used a vodafone pay as you go sim when i constantly visit Portugal i used to swith sims and make calls there while in portugal.

with the new phone when i insert the sim i get noting not even "cannot read sim" how can i use this sim on my unlocked iphone Xs 

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tdacruz1, I’m sorry to hear you’re unable to use your Vodafone UK SIM in your new iPhone Xs

I’m not sure why your SIM isn’t working, especially if it’s an unlocked phone. I recommend you contact the place or person you purchased the phone from so they can look into this further.