Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock ET-WV523

zazagagnidze
3: Seeker

I need it to unlock please support me how to do this ?

7 REPLIES 7

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Hi @zazagagnidze. The V home service has been discontinued from August 2024, this means the connectivity provided by the smart SIM will no longer be available. 

The level of impact will vary between the different devices in the range. In many of these devices the Vodafone smart SIM is embedded within and it will not be possible to replace the smart SIM with an alternative SIM from another operator, the closure will impact the functionality of the device and many features may no longer work.

zazagagnidze

unfortunately nothing :Sad_face:

Cynric

Try here, but you're going to have to do some searching.

https://xdaforums.com/c/samsung.11975/

Cynric

Update. So it's a SmartThings WiFi hub. It would have helped if you had provided more information to start with.

Samsung manuals here https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartthings/hub/smartthings-wi-fi-et-wv525bwegca/#support

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I am certain this can't be unlocked to use with an alternative provider @zazagagnidze , the device was made for Vodafone V home, and the service was discontinued July this year when all devices would no longer work. There was a section for V home and smart tech support on the website but this has now been deleted.

Unfortunately, it looks like you will need to permanently retire the device.

edited to add: I am sure this will be read by the Social Team who will be able to give you a definite answer.

A further edit: @zazagagnidze 

If you have a smart phone, you can manage smart devices from your phone, just download the smart things App and register the devices you wish to add.  This may well be your solution.

Cynric

@AnnS Using a well-known search engine I was unable to find any official announcement about the ending of the V Home service. As the person who initially tried to help the OP it would have been really helpful to have had VF put up something under both the service and device name. I wasted quite a bit of time looking for solutions to the query.