Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code does not work, customer services useless

Racquel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have requested a NUC code, entered it correctly and it has not worked, I have phoned the 3 times now for them to resolve this and they keep saying they will send another code, each time I do not receive any email from them and when I call them they say the email address was not valid even though it is the very email address on the account,  it is beyond a joke.

Has anyone actually managed to unlock a vodafone phone?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Racquel 

May i ask what model of phone your attempting to unlock  ?

I ask as some phones like Samsung also need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which is available via the Vodafone Social Media Teams Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

A person also needs to use an activated alternative Network Sim Card in the Uk.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Its Samsung Galaxy s9

BandOfBrothers

Well then yes I do think you need the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can help you with this @Racquel 

The sooner all.phones are unlocked out of the box as oer what ofcom are moving  to the better imo.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Right, so I've phoned and asked for the MCK code and got nowhere, it never arrived, I've been on Facebook messenger for a week now trying to get it sorted and everyday I have the same conversation with a different person, I finally received an email yesterday and it was the same NUC code that I've told them 50 times does not work!

I can see me never unlocking this phone, their customer services are just appalling.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Racquel When you've spoken to our Facebook team have they asked for confirmation of the IMEI and the NUC that didn't work? The process when this happens is for an agent to raise a NUC query form and you should receive an alternative NUC via email within 10 working days. 

If you've received the same NUC that hasn't worked, please contact our Facebook team again and they can escalate this to the team. 

I already have told them via FB messenger and they insist that they have raised it with the NUC team but everyday i have the same conversation and its just going round in circles

Also i need the MSK code and that is what they are stalling in giving me! A new NUC code will not work until i have the master code from Samsung

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Racquel even when we request the NUC from that team it can take up to 10 working days for them to get back to us. As soon as we have updates from them, you're the first to know.