Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code problems, not working!

Ruff-Puff
2: Seeker

Dear all, the unlock code that Vodafone has supplied with me does not work. I was PAYG with Vodafone but now have a contract with another network.  I have started paying for this new contract but no working mobile as I don't want to put any more PAYG Vodafone credit on my mobile. Please help! Money down the drain and no services!

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Ruff-Puff 

Which model of phone are you wanting to unlock ?

When you input the Nuc what happens ?

How-do-I-use-my-nuc. 

Is the alternative network sim card your using activated i.e connects to mobile data etc ?

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can have the Nuc checked.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's an old Nokia, not a smartphone. When I insert my new BT SIM card, I get the message 'Restricted access' and it doesn't accept the unlock code. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted for you @Ruff-Puff! As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a private message via Facebook or Twitter with your full name, mobile number and a link to your forum post and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

I have been communicating with Vodafone via  PM on Twitter since 23.9.20 about the fact that my dumb mobile is locked to Vodafone and am no closer to having the problem resolved. Vodafone don't care at all. What a terrible company! Horrible experience.

Ruff-Puff

Just wanted to express how ghastly I have found it trying to unlock a dumb mobile from Vodafone to another network. I posted a message on this forum and a Vodafone moderator advised me to contact Vodafone through social media. I did this and have got NOWHERE. That was several weeks ago. I am already paying another phone provider for a monthly contract but cannot use the mobile! The information on the Vodafone website about unlocking a mobile is very unhelpful and incomplete. The Vodafone team on 'Twitter' still have not sorted my issue, it has gone round in circles and they are now advising me that I may need a master unlock code from the manufacturer but they should supply me with this but have not offered to help. The most ghastly experience. And it's not even resolved. Nothing is sorted. Different respondents don't bother to read the thread of the message and ask me the same questions again and ask me to provide screenshots etc. IT IS APPALLING.

BandOfBrothers

That's unusual as the Vodafone Social Media Teams usually get things like yours sorted ASAP.

Perhaps give them another chance.

I have seen posts where a person has had severe difficulty in getting their phone unlocked and have resorted to paying a small fee to a 3rd party unlocking online site to get the phone unlocked, which is something a person shouldn't have to do.

The quicker ofcom pushes for phone's to be unlocked out of the box the better in my opinion @Ruff-Puff 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. I have been chasing this with Vodafone for 2 weeks now, it's appalling, as I say. Very disappointing experience with contacting the Vodafone team on private message on 'Twitter'. They just keep asking me to cite the NUC code that I have received, the IMEI number, ask for screenshots etc, a continuous loop. Different people responding. And some days they don't even respond to my reply.

The Vodafone social media team doesn't care at all, @BandOfBrothers. Vodafone must be slipping you some money to sing their praises or something. 3 weeks have now passed and the Vodafone social media team have asked me the same questions over and over again, e.g . 'What NUC code were you supplied with?', 'What is the make of your mobile and number?' 'What is your name & date of birth'?' 'What is your IMEI code?' etc. and no closer to unlocking my mobile from Vodafone! ABYSMAL EXPERIENCE.