cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock codes - How many attempts can you try?

jorgan202
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have received my unlocking code, put it in and was it was unsuccessful. It said that I had 0 attempts left what does that mean for me? Can I still unlock the phone?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If I'm right 0 attempts means the phone is now Hard Locked and will need to be sent off by Vodafone to have it's counter reset before you can try unlocking it again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How much will it cost to have them reset the hardlock?

Thanks 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jorgan202 There shouldn't be any charge to unlock your phone - if the maximum attempts have been reached and your phone is permanently locked, you may need to contact the manufacturer directly. Have you since contacted us regarding this? If you still require assistance and would like us to look into your unlocking process for you, please follow the details I've provided in the private message I've sent.

Hi,

I have 0 attempts left (Sony Xperia L1) what does that mean for me? Can I still unlock the phone? 

Thank you in advance.

Hey @thyam234 I hope you're well and having a great day so far 😊 If you've reached the max amount of unlock attempts you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer in order to unlock the phone. Please pop our Social Media team a message here and they will be able to help with this!

but the contact can only through social media? 

Social Media is just one of the ways you can get in touch @thyam234 but you can also call the Customer Service team on 191 from a Vodafone number or you can dial 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply) if you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account. Alternatively, you can drop a message to our LiveChat team 😊

I did go into the store and the very un helpfull assistantant was not forthcomimg at all, said I had to book it in and sent it off and be charged for it......

Wow, that's rude! This is the first time I hear about attitude like this. Sorry you had to deal with that person. Maybe try another assistant or another spot?