Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Sealed Huawei Mate 20 Lite

marktaberham
4: Newbie

Hi,

As part of my contract renewal with Vodafone over 12 months ago, I received a Huawei Mate20 Lite smartphone. I have no need of the phone and would like to sell it to recoup some of the outlay of the contract. Selling a phone which is sealed and unused will raise the highest price.

I have been through the NUC questions and I can’t see a method to unlock a sealed and unused phone. It would appear that I must use my Vodafone sim in the new phone in order for me to apply for a NUC. From a security point of view I completely understand why this should be. I don’t particularly want to do this as the phone will then be used and unsealed and my sim is in use in my own phone.

So, does anybody know of a method is to unlock the Phone whilst leaving it sealed and unused?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There isn't a way @marktaberham as the processes involve keying in a code.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Exploring different possibilities, Is there any way that I can I obtain the NUC without using/opening  the phone’s box (from the IMEI number and my vodafone account, perhaps) and then pass the NUC on to the purchaser with the phone?

Looking through the NUC form it looks like I have to have paid at least 3 monthly bills (yes) and used the sim with my own mobile number in the phone for 30 days (no).

Thanks for the help and suggestions anyway.

Regards,

Mark

On an upgraded contract and a new contract it's x3 bill's paid on time and 30 days usage of the sim card in the phone.

On Payg it's 30 days of using the sim card in the phone making calls etc.

Personally if this was my situationI 'd sell the phone as locked to Vodafone and have done with it.

As you say many like new sealed phones @marktaberham 

Plus the phone will have Vodafone flavour of software on it and some have Vodafone splashscreens so if a person is in the know they'll soon realise its a branded phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

Hi,

Yes, I fully understand that. No problem, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark