Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a mobile WiFi device

Yaza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I used the online form to check if I could unlock my Vodafone MyFi device and I put in the model, IMEI number etc. then received an email with a code but I have no idea how I access the device to add the code...I popped into a Vodafone shop and was told it’s not possible to unlock these devices.  Is there a definitive answer about this please? Has anyone else actually unlocked one of these devices?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Yaza

This is taken from the link here: How to use your Network Unlock Code.  I chose Huawei and the R207, it may not be your device but the information should be the same.

1. Insert your new network SIM card
  2. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  3. Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device
  4. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)
  5. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Hi I have the same issue as above. Have followed instructions in email also the ones suggested here but I can't seem to go to the page where I am supposed to enter the NUC. connecting with a usb isn't working either (it just charges the mifi but it does not appear in my Macbook's Finder. Please help?  Thanks 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mbounny, I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted for you. You should be able to unlock your device by following these instructions 👉

- Insert your new network SIM card

- Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable

- Go to My computer and double-click on R207 (it may appear as a CD-ROM icon) to install the device

- Open an internet browser and type 192.168.x.x in the address bar to open the homepage for the device (the full gateway code can be found in the battery compartment of your device)

- When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Okay.

Once you've done this, your dongle should be unlocked to any network. The first time you're connecting to your new providers network, you may have to install some software from them and add their APN settings. To do this, follow these steps, but add your new providers details instead of Vodafone's. Our Device guides also offer more information on connecting with you MiFi dongle. If you're still struggling to connect, pop us a little more information, along with screenshots of any error messages you receive and we'll be happy to take a closer look 🔎

VodafoneMobileWifi-AE0A37

Please, how do I get my Vodafone AE0A37 Universal sim unlock code having 10 unlock attempts remaining. To unlock my Vodafone modem.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

To unlock any device from our network @amillions you will need to complete our online NUC request form. If you've already done this and haven't received a response, or are still struggling to unlock you device, please pop us a message via our social channels.

Alessiocaforio
1: Seeker

Hi , how long did it take to get the unlocking code from vodafone?

cheers

Hi @Alessiocaforio 

If you're looking for your NUC, just fill in the form here. Once the NUC team have picked up the request, they aim to get the code you within 72 hours. If they need to check any of your details or contact the device manufacturer, it can longer to receive the code 👍

Hi -

I followed the official process as posted here. Once I completed the unlock code request, I was told I would receive an email asking me to confirm my details. The body of this mail quoted the IMEI number I provided and asked me to 'press the red button' to verify my email address. The problem is, there is no red button to press?? The mail body looks a little truncated?? 

Can you offer any suggestions?

Cheers,

Phil

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @philnewell! Hmmm, that seems odd. What device are you trying to unlock?

Did you fill in this form? If so, we can check your account to see if the NUC team has picked it up. So we can do that, could you drop us a message on social media here.