Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iPhone SE to another network

chrisb_pt
4: Newbie

Hi

I left vodafone today and have moved to a new network. Unfortunatley, I hadn't realised that my iphone SE is locked to vodafones network. I followed the instructions given here and got a IMEI code. I then got an email telling me....

" Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone, we’ve asked your phone’s manufacturer for a code so we can unlock it. This can take up to 10 working days, so please hold tight for now.

As soon as we’ve got the code, we’ll email you with instructions on what to do next."

I have since read on the forums here that this is incorrect. I read that iphones do not unlock with a code but instead, Apple has to release the phone from it's datebase and this can take up to 30 days. Is this correct? 

I just phoned Apple and spoke to one of their representatives who informed me that this isn't the case and that only the network provider (vodafone) can unlock the phone. He also sent me this link which confirms this see here

"Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone."

I seem to be getting conflicting information on all sides here. Could someone explain what is going on and how this process works? I use my phone for business so would obviously prefer not to have to be without it for 30 days.

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrisb_pt

Actually, I posted to soon. It seems to have been sorted out now and I can now use the phone on the new network. No quite sure how it happened so quickly but it's a relief

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

chrisb_pt

Actually, I posted to soon. It seems to have been sorted out now and I can now use the phone on the new network. No quite sure how it happened so quickly but it's a relief