Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iphone 6s, carphone warehouse bought, vodafone contract phone

gpollard95
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello!

I am trying to unlock my iphone 6s (bought from carphone warehouse but vodafone contract). I submitted the unlocking form and got an email to say I haven't used my SIM for 30 days however I have because I have used the same SIM for 2 years. 

How do I get an unlock code for my phone?

Thank you!!

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @gpollard95

I'd suggest to phone 191 or use Live Chat and they can escalate the situation to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address too to contsctbthem directly for support. 

From what you wrote it appears you meet the criteria for unlocking. 

As CPW do not have access to unlock phones it has to be the network. 

Just to check have you tried another network SIM card in your iPhone as CPW has stopped supplying iPhones that lock to the first SIM card inserted. 

To add > An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database. The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request.

The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage.

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Once Vodafone accept your unkock request Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately I’ve contacted both 191 and live chat and both have been unhelpful. 

Ive tried another SIM but it says it’s not supported and that the network carrier needs to unlock the phone. 

However I haven’t heard anything back from the network resolutions team other than their initial email which said I didn’t qualify for a code (or I’m assuming in this case for them to contact Apple) because of the 30 days issue. 

Cheers,

Grace 

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I still think it's worth asking them for the Nuc email address. 

Other options could be to let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and see if they can help m

Or pick up a Payg SIM card from Vodafone and use it to make calls, send texts and use data for 30 days and then use the new Payg account details to request it's unlock.

Current Phone  >

I have the email address and have sent them an email but no response as of yet. 

How do I alert the social media team?

But wouldn't the IMEI number be the same regardless of whether I am on this contract or a pay as you go SIM? If it is the only way it will work I will do it but I'm looking to leave vodafone asap.

Thanks,

Grace Pollard

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Social Media Team will read all posts and as such catch up with thread one by one @gpollard95

Yes it's basically the same process but by using a new Payg account direct from Vodafone, and using it in the iPhone then whatever is stopping Vodafone seeing your activity on your pay monthly contract may not be the same as that was supplied by Carphone Warehouse. 

It does not matter if a person is still with Vodafone or has left they will still authorise unlocking as long as the criteria has been met. 

Current Phone  >

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem when requesting your NUC @gpollard95. So we can help with this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Did you ever get a resolu to this, I'm in the same boat & getting now with Vodafone? Worse than useless! 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @TCampbell691 - if you took out the contact with Carphone Warehouse, like the original poster, you'll need to contact them directly. You can find this information on our NUC page here.

Have you tried a different providers SIM in the phone already, as a lot of Apple products are now unlocked automatically?

AnnS

Hi @TCampbell691 

If you are trying to unlock a 6S it was one Apple device that Vodafone never locked to the network, you will only need to place an alternative network SIM in the phone to use the device.  Carphone Warehouse don't lock phones to the network, the phones they sell are always unlocked.

This information used to be on this page but the link has now been updated. Unlock My Phone