Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone NUC not working

AnneDan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm trying to unlock a Sony Xperia XA1 after a 2 year pay-monthly contract with Vodafone.  My new "Three" SIM works OK in another phone but when I try to use it in the XA1 I'm asked for the NUC.   I have had 3 attempts at using the NUC but each time it has returned an "unsuccessful" message.  I have 2 tries left!

My partner and I have independently checked and verified the phone's IMEI number and the associated NUC provided by Vodafone.

I tried a Vodafone Live Chat (Ref 188 973 493 125 655 091, 7th March 2020) and explained the problem to "Sanjivani" who warned: "Do not try it again as it might lock your phone permanently"

After some further interchange Sanjivani concluded that "The SIM is locked so you need the SIM unlock code from Three that is the PUK".   But that surely can't be correct, if the SIM is working OK in another phone?

Having read many other complaints from customers having difficulties with unlocking from Vodaphone I am warming to the conspiracy theory that Vodafone is obstructing customer migration to other providers.   Please convince me I'm wrong.  

11 REPLIES 11

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AnneDan My experience with Sony devices NUC's, is that sometimes there can be multiple NUC's to unlock the phone. In your case, it could be we need to escalate this further. Please reach out to our team on one of the following contact channels, we'll get this sorted!:

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here 

After a second lengthy online chat session with Vodafone about a week ago, I finally received a different NUC today  (for the same IMEI serial number) , which I'm pleased to say has finally unlocked the phone.   So did Vodafone supply the wrong NUC originally?   Or did Sony supply the wrong number to Vodafone?  Whoever is in the wrong, the process is unacceptably challenging.   IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD !!  Get your act together - between you.  In future I shall research the track record of both the phone OEM and the mobile service provider more thoroughly before making any purchasing decisions :Sad_face:

I've been trying since July to unlock my xa1. Sick of being passed from one advisor to another who all try n sell me a deal/contract.

2 nuc sent both wrong, used up attempts, sent phone away to Sony and had to pay for unlock counter to be reset.

Told on 3 occasions that they have sent it through to nuc unlock team last time was November it's now Jan and still not heard anything. Calling again today to speak to many different people and explaining it all to all of them and them try n sell me a deal.

If it isn't resolved within 1 week I'll just use my old phone rather than keep paying Vodafone for a contract and deal I hardly use. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Salsarah75 - I understand how frustrating it must be getting trying to receive your NUC and feel like you're getting passed from pillar to post.

To check your account for any notes regarding your NUC we'd need to speak with you over social media. If you could drop us a DM on Facebook or Twitter with a link to this forum thread and your forum username, so that you don't have to repeat yourself, we can look into this for you. Also be sure to include the below in your DM:

- Your mobile/account number

- IMEI number of device

- Make and model of device

- NUC codes that haven't worked

Is this going to be as slow and painful as using tobi. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You'll be speaking to one of our agents over Social Media so they'll deal with this as quickly and efficiently as possible @Salsarah75 😊

OK thank you. I don't knowhow to copy over the thread 😒

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're unsure on how to copy a link to this thread over to our social channels @Salsarah75 Just include your Community name and a brief outline of your issue, we'll still be able to help get this sorted for you.

Today I so 08/04/2020 I’ve been trying to unlock my iPhone XS Max I’ve spoken to everyone at Vodafone and online chat I’m sick of the lies.im trying to unlock my old phone for my partner to use I’m still with Vodafone on contract and have been for years and years but if this keeps happening and I don’t get this nuc for the phone I will be leaving for other network as I should not be treated like this it’s worse I’ve been told over and over my problems will be solved 24hr/48hr I’ve been told this 6 times I’m going to wait until the end of this month for the phone to be unlocked if no joy by the I will 100% be leaving Vodafone for sure I’ll take my money elsewhere and I’ve been customer a long time and have 3 contracts with them so will be there loss