Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 12 mini already unlocked

Adamkazim
1: Seeker

iPhone 12 mini already unlocked when i brought it brand new from Vodafone is this normal or is it not because it said the phone is NOT used it is brand new. (I DO NOT WANT A REPLACEMENT I JUST WANT A ANSWER)

Thank you,

Adam 

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Adamkazim  no later than December 2021 all phones must be sold unlocked, this could be Vodafone starting it already ?

BandOfBrothers

Was the phone definitely purchased directly from Vodafone UK? 

Right now Vodafone supply phone's that are locked to them so as said by @63johnw either they are implementing what Ofcom are bringing in or you've somehow been lucky.

ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Adamkazim Thank you for your message. So we can look into this, can you let us know how you've confirmed the the phone is SIM Free? Have you tried SIM cards from other providers in it? Pop back and let us know, we'd love to take closer look at what's gone on for you 👍

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey again @Adamkazim! I've got some great news for you - many of our devices, including all Apple products, are already unlocked. If you need help with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to get back in touch 👍