Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 network unlock unsuccessful

Lucibz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have an iPhone 7 bought from eBay which is network locked to Vodafone UK. Today I’ve submitted a network unlock request online form and the answer came back as unsuccessful. 

“Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your device. Unfortunately, we couldn't proceed because the IMEI number provided was not originally supplied by Vodafone.”

Does anyone here have any idea on what should I do next to unlock it? Should I try writing to communication ombudsman?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lucibz 

Before you filled out the Vodafone Nuc form did you use a Vodafone Payg sim card in the iPhone for a few days making calls etc to allow the iPhone's imei to latch to the payg account  ?

Does a Vodafone Payg sim card work in the iPhone ? i.e Shows the Vodafone name and makes calls etc. Connects to the network.

I'm hoping it's not imei barred i.e won't accept a Vodafone sim as unfortunately Vodafone can't lift this bar for you. Only the original owner. This can be because of insurance claims on a lost iPhone which can happen with eBay purchases.

Also just to add iPhone's are now supplied unlocked out of the box. Perhaps try hooking upto iTunes with your alternative sim card in to see if anything happens.

You could contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.