Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lack of communication

John6
1: Seeker

I sent in a request for a NUC two months ago (6thJuly)  is it still pending?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @John6 

It shouldn't obviously take that long for Vodafone to reply.

Have you spoken to customer services on 191, 0333 3040191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger to chase this up just incase your request has glitched and not properly registered.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Also may I ask which model of phone it is ?

I'm asking as it can sometimes take longer for an iPhone to be unlocked as it's not completed via a code you'd input but instead via Apple releasing it.

Also Vodafone are now supplying phone's unlocked out of the box so it might be worth checking a non activated Network Sim card in the phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, No, but I did wonder if the request had gone astray, so resent it towards the end of the month. They emailed back that they were tackling my original request.

The phone is a Vodafone branded Sony Ericsson K800i, so fairly ancient.

AnnS

Hi @John6 

A similar thread here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Getting-sim-lock-unlock-code/td-p/2690654

I am sure the reason you have not heard anything is due to the age of the phone and with an unlock code no longer available.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @John6 

If Vodafone don't have an unlock code on file they typically contact the manufacturer and this can delay the process but that's only usually around 10 or so days.

Please do contact customer services to ask.

If not then consider using a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's or a trusted online site. They will however charge a fee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.