Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

proof of purchase

naresh5182
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,I bought the phone in 2013 on pay monthly contract.and i moved to USA in 2015.so i don't have access to my vodafone account from 2015.the phone i bought from vodafone in 2013 is locked now so i need a proof of purchase to unlock my phone.the numbers i used that time were allocated to someone else now.i don't have any bills regarding this purchase.i contacted vodafone but they are unable to find my account using my name and number. Also i don't have the full account number for my account.i only have  serial number and IMEI number.can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you  

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @naresh5182 

You don't need proof of purchase to get an unlock code.  To unlock the phone, you need to use a PAYG Vodafone UK SIM and be in a position to use the phone in the UK on the local network for 30 days, after which time you can complete the form below to receive the code.

Get an Unlock Code 

Unfortunately, if you are not in a position to be in the UK for 30 days, you would be unable to get the code.  If you known anyone in the UK who would be willing to use the phone with a UK Vodafone SIM for a full 30 days, they will be able to get the code and unlock the phone. 

There is also the question of whether the phone will work in the US, you need a quad bands phone for the US, network frequencies have changed in some US States and you will need to check the bands.

Hi,  

My phone is already unlocked. I am taking about activation lock.i forgot my apple id because i haven't used it for a long time. i contacted the apple care and they are asking me the proof of purchase to remove the activation lock.please let me know.

Thank you

AnnS

Hi @naresh5182 

That explains the situation.The problem you are going to have is with the phone purchased 2013, but worth a try.

You can get POP here: Proof of Purchase .  Also try this information from Apple:  If you forgot your Apple ID password 

Hi,

i already filled the form and they are saying that they are unable to find my account.its been 7 years now so i don't have any account number for the account.they couldn't find my account using my name,address,and phone numbers.can anyone please help me with this? 

AnnS

Hi @naresh5182 

You can try this link to speak to the Social Media Team, the problem will be if you have already been notified by Vodafone that they cannot find your account details from 2015, it's unlikely they will have any success.

BandOfBrothers

Was the iPhone supplied in a Vodafone Highstreet Store or via an online transaction ?

If online is it possible you have the email documentation still in your old emails or stored in a folder ? Worth a look 👀

Have you exhausted all your known passwords you may have set as your Apple ID ?

As the activation lock is a security feature of the iOS to stop unauthorised access it's not meant to be easily circumvented understandably @naresh5182 

Have you tried all the available reset options via the Apple help pages. Try asking on the Apple Official Forum.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams have the exact same access to the systems as the Vodafone Agents you've already conversed with so I wouldn't hold out too much hope but as @AnnS  says it's worth asking anyway.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.