Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V-Bike issue

sirgader
4: Newbie

Hi! Last year I have purchased a V-Bike device from Amazon - it should have 6 months subscription included. I have activated it successfully and it worked fine - but I was charged from day one.  It then turned out, that the V-Bike device was not available in the UK (yet amazon.co.uk sold me this device and I managed to activate and use it successfully). I have complained about it, but sadly the same utterly useless person, who handled my other complaint has been dealing with this one and just blindly read the script. I was wondering if someone could assist me with that here?

What I am looking for is to get 6 months free service (as advertised at point of sale) or equivalent credit to my account.

5 REPLIES 5

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sirgader. As you purchased this from Amazon, it's Amazon who would need to resolve this as it isn't a Vodafone UK product. 

It is indeed a Vodafone product and Vodafone connects it to the network. Even the box had stickers and leaflets confirming, that there will be 6 months free subscription.

sirgader_0-1623765447891.png

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @sirgader 

With the subscription being 3 Euros per monthly charge, it looks like the 6 months free subscription is for the EU Vodafone network.  Vodafone do have some information on the product here: Curve as you can see the subscription is £3.00 monthly for 24 months or £4.00 for 12 months.

As this product was sold through a third party, Amazon should be able to clarify the 6 months free.

I have managed to activate it in Smart app and it shows there. I indeed pay £3 a month and it is added to my Vodafone UK bill - I still think this is a Vodafone issue - I should not be allowed to activate the device if this was not intended for the UK.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can appreciate your frustration @sirgader - However, as explained by @Beth and @AnnS, the item was purchased via Amazon and the 3 Euro subscription was advertised there, so you would need to contact Amazon to enquire regarding that.  

The link AnnS has provided for more info on our Curve will give you details on the Bike light and GPS tracker we offer for Vodafone UK use. 

If you would like us to have a look over your bill for you, please get in touch with us on social media. We'll be happy to help 😊