Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch series 5 - unable to configure to data plan

Riafflew
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently bought a series 5 Apple Watch to go with my iPhone X, which I have on a pay monthly plan through Vodafone. I have set up the 'onenumber' service and can see this in 'myvodafone' when I log into the website.  However when I try to enable mobile services on my watch via the iPhone app I get the message 'unable to configure data plan'. I have tried many time and have also tried unpairing the watch and repairing but nothing has worked. 

I have been on the phone to Vodafone support team for a few hours now and nothing they do seems to work. They told me to wait 24 hours the last time I called, it has now been 3 days and no progress. 

Can someone from codafone technical services get in touch with me ASAP to rectify this please. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Sadly I've seen a few similar posts like yours on the forum @Riafflew 

I would suggest to perform a forum search as you may come across some advice within these existing threads.

Unfortunately there is no account access assistance via the forum so you would need to persevere with customer services or try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I have searched the forums already and no one has resolved the issue other than through contacting Vodafone as of yet. I have also attempted contacting Vodafone through Facebook but they have not yet responded. 

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @Riafflew 

They are all stretched right now due to these unprecedented times so please do allow the team a little more time to catch up with your Facebook Post  / Twitter Tweet. 

They will ļook after you. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

I too am having the same issues.  Bought an Apple Watch 5 yesterday and Vodafone provisioned a OneNumber for me by 3pm same day.  All worked fine yesterday and then today my watch no longer recognises the eSIM.  I can see that I have two devices on my my account with the correct EID against the eSIM.

I engaged Vodafone via chat who told me to delete the profile from the watch. I did that and when I try to re-add it I get stopped by Vodafone as I’ve “run out of available devices” so have to deactivate one.  Utter nonsense. 
I’ve been with Vodafone for 9 years, have 3 contracts with them and spend over £200 a month.  Unless this gets sorted quickly I’ll take the lot to EE.

The ball’s in your court Vodafone e.

BandOfBrothers

@ENeddy 

Your right that Vodafone need to put this right for you. 

Unfortunately not from here as there is no account access.

I'm sorry but you will either have to phone them or use Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link i added in my earlier reply.

I think its fair that anyone in your situation would be unimpressed and want this resolving ASAP.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >