Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iwatch series 5 won't connect to my data plan

Jaygrah1899
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Iwatch series 5 cellular won't connect to my data plan. It says it's activating then says unable to configure data plan 

I've had so many problems with Vodafone in the past and this is just the icing on the cake really 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Jaygrah1899 

Totally appreciate how frustrating it can be when something isn't functioning as it should.

Unfortunately we've seen a few similar posts to yours regarding this.

What I would suggest is to first conduct a forum search to pull up these posts to see if one holds some key advice that may help you to self troubleshoot this.

If this does not help then Vodafone Customer Service  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via 》Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  have account access to help.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum anymore.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Deniiise
2: Seeker

OMG! Seems you are getting the full Vodafone experience as well!!

My one has been such a horrific roller coaster...

I signed a 1 year pay monthly contract (for my phone and apple watch) on 10 Feb. Was easy to do. 

All problems started when I ported my number and tried using the service. My apple watch read clearly "network: Vodafone UK;  status: no connection". I contaced your customer services team for the first time on 14 Feb and have been in touch every single day for the past 9 days. Some days I have contacted you twice a day. Every time I had to speak to a new agent that had no clue what had happened previously..

My top 3 quotes from your customer services team so far:

• "We have been experiencing issues at our end for the past 2 days we apologise. Please wait 24hours and all will be working" when I said to another agent that I have been told the above they replied: "There were no technical issues in the past week.They must have lied to you."
  • An agent on the chat suggest a watch reset + removing all data plans from the settings in the watch. I perform the reset, I no longer see "network: Vodafone UK; status: no connection" instead I see "Set Up Mobile Data" but it's greyed out with a warning message "Your vodafone uk account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your apple watch. Contact Vodafone UK on 191 for more information". Now on the Vodafone app which is also patchy (and it gives a bunch of error messages since I joined Vodafone)  it says I am not eligible for the ONE number service I am paying for. The agent on the chat that got me in this mess now says "I am not able to help you from my end here. Please call 191". I call 191 and they have no history of what has happened so far and are clueless to help further. Tell me to wait another 24 hours.
  • Somewhere along the lines an agent performs a SIM swap which should take 24hours. Another agent tells me "You have requested a SIM swap I can't help you until that is complete in 24 hours" It is actually been 4 days since the SIM swap was initiated.
  • After explaining for the 100th time what the problem is "Aha. I know exactly what the problem is. I will have to cancel the SIM swap since it is stuck. Unfortunately the other department that deals with this are not working at the moment. I will call you tomorrow and I will sort it out for you. My shift starts at 12noon". I don't get a call back so I call myself at 6pm. I ask to speak with Dan since he seemed the most confident agent so far. He knows how to fix my apple watch sim problem. "I am sorry we can't connect you to a specific agent." They say they will need to wait for the SIM swap to complete which usually takes 24h but for me it's been 4 days and it is still not complete. I explain that Dan suggested that he needs to cancel the SIM swap since it's been stuck for ages and it shouldn't take so long - the new agent replied "He didn't call you did he?"

AprilReyes

I contaced your customer services team for the first time on 14 Feb and have been in touch every single day for the past 9 days. Some days I have contacted you twice a day. Every time I had to speak to a new agent that had no clue what had happened previously.. mygroundbiz login

OMG! you have the same problem. Just leave Vodafone. They are never going to sort it out and you are paying for it. I left for EE and was connected both phone and watch + ported my number in less than 4 days

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you've had problems getting your Apple watch connected @AprilReyes. I'm sure me or one of my colleagues in the social media team will be able to get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a private message through Twitter or Facebook and we'll take a look 👀

hi - I’m having the same problems - an active data plan, new Apple iPhone 11 pro and new Apple Watch series 5 - can’t access the vodaphone data access plan. Are there any updates on this yet - does this happen to everyone using vodaphone?

I have the exact same problem. iWatch Series 5, iPhone XR.

Went through the whole process step by step asper Vodafone guidance.  Final step and “Unable to Configure Data Plan”

I even received a text saying OneNumber was active and ready to use from my device linked to my mobile plan...  so that has confused matters.

I get hold of a Chat agent who then says its not active and the order requires 24hrs to go through...   

Don't bother waiting 24 hours. They are never going to fix it. I waited more than 2 months and every time an agent told me to wait 24 hours. Switch providers before they start charging would be my advice. I waited too long and couldn't get all my money back

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jgregson9000 I can assure you this doesn't happen to everyone! We'd love to get this up and running for you, but as we'd need to access your account to do this, I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here. One of my lovely colleagues will be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps with you!