Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklist Removal

smithy70
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have had my device blacklisted, I have have had a couple of calls to support and have been told that Security will contact me as to the reason why?

But no contact, please can someone here help as it has been over a week with no answers?

Thanks

Mark

12 REPLIES 12

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @smithy70 and we apologise that no ones been in touch with you.

So we can access your account to investigate this blacklist further and get an update for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly. 

Hi There , 

Can you please advise me how to remove blacklist from my device ? Actually io bought device from online App and paid in Cash and afterwords device status changed as blacklisted as guy who sold it to me claimed insurance . 

Thank you 

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Zea wrote:

Hi There , 

Can you please advise me how to remove blacklist from my device ? Actually io bought device from online App and paid in Cash and afterwords device status changed as blacklisted as guy who sold it to me claimed insurance . 

Thank you 

Hi @Zea 

Unfortunately, there will nothing you or Vodafone will be able to do to remove the blacklist that has to be done by the person who made the request.

As you purchased from an online site, the only thing you can do it to make a complaint to the site.  

I have the same problem ,bought an iphone from somebody and couple days later no signal (phone is locked on vodafone network)

I phoned vodafone almost 5 days in a row to get an answer on how to get it off from blacklist(in my opinion i switched couple sims in the phone an after a day it went no signal) all i get from vodafone advisers is :the phone is blacklisted and we will do everything to make it un-blacklisted.

I don t like 1 april fools jokes but i bought this , also i phoned police and is not reported stolen or lost and also i done the action fraud form maybe there somebody outhere with the same problem and same seller...

I don t understand vodafone ,if somedody blacklist an phone those details that are provided somebody could check them ,they could be fake ... or at least call the person from those details and ask them : the phone that you blacklisted somebody else is using it ,did you sell it ,lost it etc etc ...

AnnS

Hi @Stanescu81

You do understand that phones are not blacklisted without a valid reason, usually due to the phone being reported as lost or stolen, you may well have someone's property in your hands and would be unaware of the circumstances as to how this happened.

In your case, it looks this seller sold the phone as working and then reported it as lost or stolen to the insurance company, the seller has committed insurance fraud and now has double the money, plus the phone is the property of the insurance company.

Vodafone can't help, they also have to abide by GDPR data protection, this is going to be between you and the crooked seller, it won't be of any concern to Vodafone they didn't sell you the phone. 

I suggest you look here: CheckMEND bearing in mind it can take 30 days for the information to be up to date and may not yet be listed.

@smithy70 

Only the person who made the request for the phone to be blacklisted can have it removed. You need to try and take this up with the dishonest seller.  You also need to put this down to experience and a lesson learnt and only purchase from a reputable source.

My next question is : when somebody blacklist a phone there s a form to fill out isn t it? if that info is fake even on your end why not just help to poor people that got robbed instead of not doing anything .

If i loose my phone and blacklist the device and somebody tries to get it off the list do i get an memo or something like : we found your device call police or ...

if that person doesn t answer my calls he is not going to answwer vodafone calls too because it would defeat the scam ...

the other thing that i dont get is why if i ask why was put on blacklist nobody tells me why??? if it s stolen or lost ... police can come at my door and take it back ... if its just a scam you guys should know ... vodafone is not transparent about this and hiddes behind GDPR laws and this is an expanding bussines for fraud and vodafone is ok with it in my opinion 

Im still waiting for that team to call me back to give them the proof that i have...... 

My checkmend pdf please read ...

Thank you 

in case the attached can t be seen 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Stanescu81 

You right to be upset and frustrated with this as you've spend good money for a phone privately.

Unfortunately we do see instances similar to yours from time to time.

I can see from your report that the phone has been reported as lost or stolen but not yet had an insurance claim on it although the checkmend report may not yet have updated.

Vodafone have a duty of care to act upon a person reporting a loss or theft of the phone.

Unfortunately some reports are fraudulent.

Vodafone won't be able to help you sadly due to the criteria they have to follow.

If you paid by card then your bank maybe able to help.

People buying a phone from ebay can raise a complaint.

Someone buying privately Unfortunately takes this risk and I'd never advise to pay by cash or bank transfer as there is little recourse apart from approaching the seller in some form if it's safe to do so.

I do so feel for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.